Why I Write

Why I Write

What's your escape?

12
Why I Write

I'm a person who isn't the best at saying how I feel. When I'm upset, I tend to stumble over my words and never really get what I want to say across. Therefore I write.

I write because often the words I want to say are better displayed in text instead of vocally. I am not always capable of explaining myself without repetition or being unclear, but when I write it all seems to make sense and be exactly how I want it. I can put my voice behind what I write, and make it mine.

I write because there are times that I am not able to put what I feel into words, and I can be that person for others who feel the same. When I was younger, I didn't have the appreciation for words that I do now. I didn't view them as a way of expression, more as just a tedious part of school curriculum. Since I graduated high school, I have found a passion in writing that I didn't know existed. It has become an escape, a way of expressing how I feel and what I want others to know about me. It's a way to give others who can't express how they feel, a way to express it. It's an escape from reality into a world that I've created and written to be however I dream it.

I write because the Odyssey is there for me to do so. I have an outlet to put my writing in public and allow others to read it. I write because it is my escape from this world that can be so terrible at times; it takes me away from the people I'm surrounded by every day, the struggles I face and the responsibilities I have.

Some people do drugs, some drink, some run, I write. What's your escape?