6 Ways Why Writing Is Life Changing

6 Ways Writing Is Life Changing

Writing has the power to heal.

31
6 Ways Writing Is Life Changing

There have been many instances in my life where I felt lost and defeated. During those times, it was easy for my negative thoughts to take over. I realized during that time, all I needed was a healthy outlet to release my thoughts, which led me to start writing. Having the ability to express myself with just a pen and a paper made me feel something I'd never experienced before. My passion to create content grew and I felt weightless. I wanted to list the pros of writing with hopes to encourage people to heal through self-expression.

1. Writing Is A Great Way To Plan Future Goals.

https://unsplash.com/photos/p6g6S_kXkFc

Emma Matthews

The unknown can seem overwhelming, but I find that planning your goals can minimize some of the stressors you may be experiencing. A great way to start is by creating a To-Do list and prioritizing the steps you need to take to obtain your goals.

2. Writing has strengthened my school performance.

https://unsplash.com/photos/jCIMcOpFHig

Element5 Digital

Depending on the type of major that you chose to pursue in college, there will typically be writing assignments. Free-Writing has greatly strengthened my skills and improved my overall grades.

3. Writing is a form of self expression.

https://unsplash.com/photos/yFbyvpEGHFQ

John Schnobrich

Writing styles are unique to individual personalities as well as one's personal experiences. To be able to watch your own personal writing styles develop over time is truly fulfilling.

4. Writing is hobby that travels with you.

https://unsplash.com/photos/cckf4TsHAuw

Go to Andrew Neel's profileAndrew Neel

The beauty of writing is that you have the freedom to take it with you to every location. If there is no internet access, journal writing is a secondary option.

5. Writing helps with self-growth and improvement.

https://unsplash.com/photos/ScWvHUtQca4

Tim Gouw

Writing is powerful in the sense that it heals. It's important to self reflect and make the changes that you wish to see in your life. Writing allows room for personal growth through self-expression.

6. Writing changes lives.

https://unsplash.com/photos/XkKCui44iM0

Priscilla Du Preez

Writing can simultaneously be beneficial for one's personal development as well as the world around you. Perhaps the most rewarding part of writing is the opportunity to change lives.

While you will experience a myriad of challenges ahead of you, there are healthy ways to release those emotional burdens and heal. Writing has given me many opportunities to grow individually as well as reach the lives of others. Whether your intentions are to share your thoughts with the world or experience personal growth, the power of writing changes lives.

I strongly encourage everyone to find their voice.