In response to When You Give A Girl A Paint Brush
A pen has the power to change someone's life, I'm sure.
I'm known to be dramatic, but in this case I am not.
Writing has opened a world of opportunities for me. Each day I learn something new about myself, I am inspired by the world that surrounds me, my friends, family and by the media I consume.
Being inspired so much as enabled me to explore different avenues as a writer. From stories, prose, poetry and even fanfiction. I have been writing for over 10 years and I believe it has helped shape me into the person I am today.
Writing is not just a hobby, it can be an escape. A way to let emotions run free. It is way to cope with frustrations and the world that surrounds me.
The thoughts will eventually flow as ink onto paper, creating something private or as something I intend to share with the world, or those closest to me.
Writing is a way of escaping a world that is full of trouble, or writing about it.
It is a way to forget, even just for a few moments.
Writing is a gift that needs to be nurtured. And I am so thankful to be inspired by so much that it keeps the creativity flowing.
- Did J. K. Rowling Take Inspiration From 'Labyrinth' When Writing 'Harry Potter'? ›
- 10 Ways To Find Creative Inspiration When You're Stuck In A Rut ›
- 10 Odd Writing Prompts To Cure The Mundane ›
- Why Writers Don't Like To Share Their Writing ›
- 9 Songs You MUST Use For Your Next Creative Writing Session ›
- A Guide on Writing Dark Fantasy ›
- Writing Helps Me Express Myself Better Than Speaking Can ›
- Creative Writing vs. Analytical Writing ›