Freshman Year Thoughts

Freshman Year Thoughts

Focus, focus, focus

11
Freshman Year Thoughts
Across the Pond

It is absolutely CRAZY that I have almost completed my freshman year of college. What is even crazier is the fact that I have experienced so much in just a short while. Every situation of freshman year is different, but at the same time, we all go through life changing experiences. It may be the "Freshman 15" or it may be a death in the family, but we all have experienced them.

Before going any further, I just want to give a few "thank yous" to the people that have stuck by me throughout this year, as well as the people I have met and drawn close to. At this time in my life, it has been critical for me to build meaningful and lasting relationships with people, and I am so blessed that I have.

As my freshman year comes to a close and my college years continue, I want to wish all of the soon-to-be freshmen luck as they begin this chapter in their lives.

It definitely is not easy. Your fall semester, it'll seem like everything is perfect. In the spring, things get more difficult. It goes by slow, it becomes warm outside, and motivation to do any work is lost.

At the same time, you have to remain focused. Focus on the fact that in a few short years, you will be applying for jobs, and they will see your transcript. They will see that you totally bombed that last research paper because it'll affect your grade deeply.

Personally, my biggest obstacle has been keeping my focus. I am so excited for summer, sunshine, and all those good things, but I am not focus on everything I have to do in order to get there. As a freshman, this will probably be your biggest obstacle, too.

Remain focused though, and everything else will fall into place.