Worth the Splurge

Worth the Splurge

A few fashion items that a college girl deems worth shelling out for

8
Worth the Splurge
Daily Mail

As a college student living on a Ramen noodle budget I know Louboutin’s are not in my near future. However, some items are worth splurging on. Many of us are at a time in our lives where we are beginning to enter the serious workforce. (No, your Starbucks barista job doesn’t count as you working for a Fortune 500 company) In these transformative and financially bleak times there are a few items that you should shell out a little extra for…

• A Leather Jacket
  • Good denim
  • Winter boots
  • High heels
  • Purse

A solid leather jacket is a fashion essential for me. The leather jacket is like the Swiss army knife of fashion. You can wear it to virtually anything. The Leather jacket is perfect for a girl’s night out dinner, a first date, or to brunch with Nana. Blank NYC’s ‘Leather Moto Jacket’ has my stamp of approval for most splurge-worthy leather.

A great pair of jeans will last a woman her whole life if she treats them right. The more worn the better in my opinion. Standing at 5’3 I generally opt for high waisted jeans to lengthen these little legs. That’s why I splurged on my RE/DONE high rise cutoffs.

If living my last 19 years in the Mid-West has taught me anything, it’s that you just can’t put a price on good winter boots. That’s why I bought Pajar Canada boots. I think an animal could be gnawing my foot off and I wouldn’t even feel it in these boots. A lot of winter boots make you choose between function and form, but not these! I’m feelin’ myself in my Navy Blue Pajar Grip Zips!

Summer internship season is almost upon us, and there’s no more splurge worthy item than good heels! I know it’s painful to slide your debit card over the counter before your first paycheck has even arrived. But trust me, your feet will thank you in the long run. I opt for J. Crew Suede Pumps. A classic pump will never go out of style and the 3” heel is just the right height!

Woman’s best friend. I owe you my life after all of the hair ties, pens and energy bars I have discovered in your depths. Your purse says a lot about you. Let your purse make a statement. I love my Fossil cross body satchel. Which on the outside says, I’ve got my shit together… even if that’s not so true on the inside.