The 4 Worst E3 Press Conferences Ever Held

Whether it was the cringe factor, blunders, fails, or even announcements that were just outright disappointing to hear.

139

It's almost every gamer's favorite time of the year. In a little over a month, E3 2019 will be upon us. You would think that big game companies would bring their A-games to these conferences, but that's not always necessarily the case. Today we're going to go through the top five worst E3 conferences ever held.

1. The Xbox One announcement – 2013

Starting at number one on our list is Microsoft's conference in 2013. Microsoft's main focus during this time was the newly revealed Xbox One. With that being said, the majority of the conference was talking about the various features on the console that were eventually removed in the final product. There were barely any games announced for the new system. Microsoft also went out of their way to tell fans that the new console will need an internet connection to operate. To pour salt on that wound, Microsoft tells us that the system would also need the Kinect in order for your console to function properly. A new console couldn't hide the anger and uproar from fans.

2. Jamie Kennedy – Activision 2007

Activision made a mistake in 2007 by hiring Jamie Kennedy, a famous comedian, to host its live press conference. To be more comedic (I guess), Kennedy decided to show up to the press conference drunk and high. Kennedy cracked jokes at game producers and audience members throughout the show and would frequently stumble and forget video game titles and would always make inappropriate jokes instead. I don't think he's getting a gig anytime soon.

3. Konami 2010

The Konami 2010 press conference was very...interesting and random. The whole conference itself seemed ad-libbed and off script. From half-naked wrestlers to many awkward minutes of silence, Konami's press conference will be one to remember. Now that I think about it, this train wreck of a show actually made me forget what games were even announced during their conference.

4. Nintendo 2008 Press Conference

After their 2008 press conference, Nintendo actually issued an apology for its performance during their E3 conference. The conference consisted of showing off the Wii's motion controls. What made things worse was at times the controls weren't always calibrated correctly, which makes a recipe for disaster. The actors themselves didn't make things better, turning Nintendo's conference into a cringe-fest.

However, we must never forget that E3 is a completely live event that's being streamed all around the world to millions. Not everything is expected to come out perfect, but I can promise you we'll come away with some memorable moments.