bad date stories

10 Dates You Wish You Could Erase From Your Memory Entirely, Featuring The Crying 22-Year-Old Frat Boy

I had an overwhelming amount of responses to this poll.

664
UnSplash

Some dates are just too hard to forget, others you wish you could forget but were way too bad to ever erase. I asked people on Instagram and Snapchat to submit me their worst dates. I had an overwhelming amount of responses to this poll, every story was so… unique. Here are the top 10 worst date's people have been on.

1. John’s Grocery Run.

"I remember when I was in middle school and I didn't drive. I went over to my girlfriends house for a date and her siblings and mom were home. We were chilling in the living room and eventually her siblings f****d off and her mom was in the kitchen cooking up something mean and spicy so she started getting all frisky and being the blessed innocent angel that I was, said YOLO and proceeded to get frisky too. As soon as I put my hands down her pants her mom walks in with her jaw dropped. Pretty awkward.Worse part is when her dad got home they said they were going grocery shopping so I assumed that meant I had to go right? Nah her parents said I could stay with her while they went shopping. They basically gave me permission to smash her lol."

2. Jane’s Crying 22 year old Frat Boy.

"We went out to the bars for his 22nd birthday. Seemed like fun at first, I got to have a couple free drinks (mainly the ones he was too drunk to finish). It was supposed to be the two of us but of course he knew everyone there so he got free shots from the entire bar. He told me to lie about my age the entire time (because of course I was underage and he was probably embarrassed lol). Towards the end of the night he exceed his limits and puked in the trashcan and the toilet and left me alone for awhile, while he finished his business. When it was time to leave he called up his frat brothers to give us a ride back to his where we ended the night him drunkenly crying about how I was too good for him and me trying to comfort him. Eventually he passed out on his couch. Worst date I've ever been on."

3. John’s Catfish.

"So me and this girl matched on Tinder and she was a total 10. Eventually i asked for her Snapchat, but she said she didn't use Snapchat. So I ask for her Instagram, and she said sorry I don't use that either. But she gave me her number. So we set up a date and I jokingly told her I hope you're not catfishing me. She laughed and said no then sent me like 10 pictures of 'her'. We decided to drive separately and I arrived at the restaurant five minutes late because of stupid parking. She texts me I see you. I do a 360 and still don't see her. She replies back with I'll come up to you. So my shoulder is tapped on, I turn around and my jaw drops. This lady is at least 10 years older than the picture. I said I'm sorry and left the restaurant."

4. Jane’s No Filter John.

"One time I was on a date with a dude named John and he sat there the whole time and watched me eat. Then he said that he loved the way I ate. To freak me out more he told me that he masterbated to pictures of me on my Instagram #yikes."

5. John’s Unexpected Threesome.

"I was bold enough and asked this guy on Grinder to meet up. I know this app has a reputation for being a hook-up app but I was hopeful. He was really nice and chill but at the end of the date he told me he had a freaking girlfriend. A FREAKING GIRLFRIEND. And was just looking for a gay guy to join them for a threesome, I told him to f-off and that was the end of that."

6. Jane’s Drunken Winter .

"So I was living on campus for my winter break and was beyond bored because my flight for back home wasn't for another week. So I decided to use Bumble and message a couple of guys to see if they wanted to do something. Me and this one guy decided to go on a date to a Mexican restaurant near campus. He picks me up and I'm full on blushing because he's so hot. We get to the restaurant and he orders drinks. I'm fine with someone whose driving having 1 or 2 drinks, nope he keeps getting them. I tell him to slow down because he's driving. He laughs and says he can handle his liquor. He then started to be cocky telling me how he can out drink all his friends and anyone he meets. We sit at this restaurant for close to two hours and I tell him I want to go. The minute he stands up he falls right back down into the booth and tells me he needs to wait. I'm beyond pissed because he smells like alcohol and I have no way of getting home, not to mention our bill was legit over $100 dollars. He asked me if we wanted to split it when I clearly only had 2 drinks and a plate of food. Worst date ever."

7. John’s Ex Hot Waiter.

"So I ask this girl on a date, she was in my math class and I was beyond excited to take her out. We go to Applebee's because she loved their food and drinks. We get there and she asks to sit in the booth in the way back. I didn't uestion it and just followed her. She kept looking around and smirked when the waiter came. Turns out, the waiter was her ex and she was just using me to make him jealous. She would only hold my hand when the waiter was coming and laughed so loud for no damn reason when her ex was near. It legit felt like I was in a move. She told me it was her ex and said for me to be more flirty. I told her that's not who I am. I dropped her off that night and blocked her from everything."

8. Jane’s Pukey Ferris Wheel.

"Me and this guy went to the fair together and waited about an hour before we started to to ride anything. Cause you know vomit. After the second ride he told me he felt sick. I asked if he wanted to take a break. I'm sure he wanted to prove himself or whatever to me but once we got on the Ferris wheel, yes the Ferris wheel, he puked. FREAKING PUKED. In the little seat. I was so embarrassed to be with him because everyone looked at us with disgust, needless to say I didn't go on another date with him."

9. Jane’s First Car.

"My parents surprised me with a car on my 19th birthday. It wasn't anything expensive but still it was a car. This guy and I had been texting for a while and we had mutual friends. One day he asks me to pick him up for date. We had been on others but he always drove. Of course I agreed and I picked him up. On the way back he asked if he could drive the car, I was hesitant but knew he was a safe driver. NOPE. He ended up speeding past a cop car and we got pulled over. My parents obviously found out and they took the car away from me for the next 2 months."

10. Jane’s DUFF moment.

"This guy Dm'd me on Instagram and was beyond hot. We got to talking and eventually he asks me to go for coffee. I agree and when I meet him he was nice at first. Then he started to talk about my friends. He ask if any of them were single. I said yes, I thought he was just asking because he might have someone in mind for them. Nah, he straight up pulls out his phone, then shows me one of my friends Instagram and asks if she's single. I said yes, and he's like damn anyway you can hook us up? I laughed and asked if he was serious and he said yea. I told him he was an ass and left with my coffee."

Despite these dates going horribly wrong you have to remember that everything happens for a reason. Having these bad dates only reminds us of how we should not be getting treated and what to look out for in the dating world.