Don't Worry

Don't Worry

Be happy! No seriously, worrying is bad for you.

24
Don't Worry

We can all learn a thing or two from Michelle Tanner.

Worrying. We are all guilty of it. I think we can all agree that most of the time, we worry about things that we really shouldn't.

Have you heard the age old saying, "stress can take years off of your life"? If you have, you've heard more or less the truth. Research shows that chronic stress actually erodes our DNA. Over time, this erosion can "increase our odds of living a shorter lifespan."

When we worry, our nervous system releases stress hormones that boost our blood sugar levels and triglycerides. This can cause our bodies to react physically in ways that are more worrisome than what it was that we were initially worried about!

These hormones can cause dizziness, headache, fatigue, fast heartbeat, among many other things. Pretty much, nothing any of us probably want in our lives. A buildup of these hormones can also lead to even more serious things, such as life threatening digestive disorders, memory loss, premature coronary artery disease, and even heart attacks.

Luckily for us, science didn't just leave us hanging with all of the potential harm worrying can do to our body without giving us ways to help prevent it! According to research done at the University of Surrey, taking some time offline can have a huge impact, along with keeping busy and finding time to meditate. Exercising is another effective way to put some of our worries to rest.

I know it seems impossible at times as we get so caught up in everything that could go wrong, but let's do ourselves and our bodies a favor and try not to worry so much about things that won't really matter in the long run.