11 Of The Best Workout Classes To Try In Boston

From yoga to spin and more, the city offers some great exercise spots.

3237
Women's Fitness of Boston

With bikini season starting up, motivation to work on that summer bod is at an all time high. As the weather warms up, it can be tough to run outside in the heat, and, let's face it, running can get boring. Boston has some incredible workout classes, which offer an escape from the heat and a fun variety for your workout.

1. The Handle Bar Indoor Cycling Studio

This Boston-based cycling studio boasts 3 locations - Fenway, South Boston, and Harvard Square. With the motto "sweat, transform, inspire," The Handle Bar features enthusiastic instructors and classes that focus on connecting to the music.

2. Barre and Soul

By combining barre and yoga, Barre and Soul offers unique workouts that burn calories and keep you stretching. Barre and Soul has locations all over New England, including Harvard Square and Brookline.

3. The Ring

Whether you're looking to power through some aggression or just get a "kick-ass" workout, The Ring in Allston is a great option. Their kickboxing classes are sure to get you sweaty and burn off any extra calories.

4. FlyWheel

Located in the Prudential Center, this studio actually offers both spin and barre classes. In their spin classes, FlyWheel has monitors that allow each rider to see numerically the speed and resistance on the bike.

5. Barry's Boot Camp

Barry's is the "original high intensity workout" and has opened locations in Chestnut Hill and downtown Boston. Highly trained instructors run classes with fun playlists and bright lights to get you working hard.

6. Down Under School of Yoga

Down Under offers several different styles of Yoga Classes at their studios in Brookline, Newton, and Cambridge. If you're looking to explore different techniques, Down Under School of Yoga will be a great fit.

7. Swet Studio

With a facility in downtown Boston, Swet Studio bases classes on the science of health and exercise, so the classes are constantly evolving to keep up with the latest research. Classes range from rowing to aerial to yoga and more.

8. Pure Barre

Pure Barre is one of the most popular barre workouts in the country. With two locations in the Boston area, both in Brookline and on Newbury Street, this total body workout has become a mainstay of the city.

9. The Z Spot

Also located in downtown Boston, The Z Spot is a great option for fans of dance classes. This studio has several different types of Zumba, as well as piloxing and all-women vixen dance classes.

10. Soul Cycle

As far as workout classes go, Soul Cycle is among the best known. One of the first and most popular spin studios, Soul Cycle features unique instructors and playlists at several locations in the Boston area. Currently, the company has studios in Back Bay, the Seaport, Beacon Hill, Chesnut Hill, as well as a brand new location in Dedham. As an added bonus - Soul Cycle is updating their bikes to maximize the experience for riders.

11. Classpass

Though not a studio itself, Classpass is a great option for anyone looking to explore many different options in Boston. With a great introductory offer and the chance to workout at many of the locations mentioned above, Classpass is the perfect fit if you're not sure what you want for exercise.