Two Weeks Working With Children And....

Two Weeks Working With Children And....

Here's what I observed.

4
Two Weeks Working With Children And....

This summer I recently started working at an elementrary summer camp. Oh. It was my first time working with kids outside of small things like children's church. Here's my experience.

Most stories I hear involve goofy memories of excitement and laughter but my story didn't really start off that way.

The Beginning of my story involves an annoying cold. I don't get sick often, but when I do- it's usually more annoying than a common cold. This cold seemed out of ordinary. I got over it in three or four days. I was surprised to be able to breathe through my nose before. I noticed some pain in my ear and it felt like it was stuffy. Turns out I developed an ear infection the first week with the kids.

As my story progressed I found out that these kids are entitled. These kids are smart! These kids aren't used to the word 'no'. These kids are moody and finally these kids were born in WHAT YEAR--two thousand and what?

Around the second week of this tale, we got a new student. This kid is literally smarter than me (and other teachers as well as administration). This kid faked asthma whenever he did anything that involved a little extra physical effort. He literally had other adults with asthma convinced. He did all of that just for a little extra attention. That lie was careful planned thought out and executed for what? A little extra attention?

A few other things in the first chapters of this story that I've realized are as follows:

1. Helicopter Moms go hard

2. Being a man comes with baggage when working with kids

3. I should have gone to private school

All in all this story is great so far (only two weeks in). I've had a lot of fun. I've boosted my immune system and I've learned all while doing it. I'm happy to find more tools to use throughout life from this adventure.