To Anyone Working On Themselves Right Now, I'm So Proud Of You

I'm so proud of you for taking the time you need for your well-being!

147

I think one of the best things anyone can do to keep their lives balanced is taking the time they need to figure out where their heart is currently. Taking the time you need for yourself is the most beneficial thing you can do to clear your head, mind, and body.

I've been in therapy since I was 17 and taking the time you need to clear all toxicity out of your life is one of the main things my therapists have advised me to do and honestly, it has been incredibly beneficial in my life. Taking the time you need to heal takes courage because our society normalized the thought that once something terrible in your life happens, you just have to move on and get over it immediately. This is far from the truth. If you don't give yourself the time you personally need to heal from something that has happened to you, you will always find yourself stuck in your own toxic ways.

Here's an example, if you were emotionally manipulated or abused in a pretty long-term relationship, once that relationship is over, most people will try and tell you to just get over it and move on already, or you'll try to take matters into your own hands and move on before you're ready to. This will just make it worse and you'll find yourself back in another emotionally manipulative relationship because you never sat yourself down and reflected on what the prior relationship did to you. In order to leave your toxic habits behind, you have to find the courage in yourself to sit down and conquer your demons one by one.

I appreciate the people who choose to take the time they need to work on themselves because it will help them in the long run. You can't give your heart to someone deserving of it until you take back the pieces of your heart others have kept from you. You can't give your all to someone if your heart is in a million places, so taking the time to regain those missing pieces help free you and enable you to give your all to that someone who deserves it.

When tragedies strike us, we all have that fight or flight instinct. We all have to remember that rather than going with our gut instinct to either run or hide, sometimes we need to just take it slow and work on solving our problems. It's like they say, great things never come from comfort zones. Taking whatever time you need to work on the problems inside of you help conquer your fight or flight responses and show you that some things in life are worth working on.

If you're someone who is taking the time to work on your life, I am so, incredibly, proud of you. I know I am always taking whatever time I need to work on myself and it has helped me through many tough times in my life. I think everyone needs to remember that even miracles take a little time and to never rush your life. Take it slow and let life take you where you need to go. Love everyone with no regrets and never forget that you are loved and valued by many.