Working in a Restaurant as Told By "The Office"

Once again, The Office just got more relatable

37

Working in a restaurant can be stressful. It is even more stressful when it’s a restaurant in a shore town during the summer The best way for everything to go smoothly requires everyone to work together, and if you have worked in a restaurant, you already know that doesn’t always happen. It is a place where you can literally encounter every walk of life. It is also a place where awesome friendships are made, but the greatest thing about working in a restaurant is that you encounter too many times where you felt like turning and glancing at a camera in expectation that they captured the sheer craziness you have dealt with. Here are 20 GIFs that truly show one's inner thoughts while working in a restaurant.

1. When you have a table of 20 and they ask for split checks

2. When the table asks for things that are not even on the menu

3. That moment when you didn’t put gratuity on a table you should have

4. When it's nice out on the beach but you have to work

5. When the hostess asks if you can take another table after just being double sat

6. When it’s the end of the season and everyone is going back to school

7. *Being the food runner and watching servers run their own food*

8. When you get cut before the kitchen is closed

9. When you verbally tell your table all your specials without looking at the menu

10. When a party of 30 walks in without a reservation and then gets confused when there’s a 40 minute wait

11. When you have an espresso machine and the employees use it more than the customers

12. Customer: “I didn't order that!” Me, the server: “Well, I wrote it down so you must have.

13. *Seeing your table talk to your manager*

14. When you can do everyone’s job in the restaurant if you had to

15. When you finish your 12 hour shift and your manager walks over with a drink in their hand

16. *Trying to get out of working more shifts than you normally do*

17. When the expo and chefs get a table out successfully mid rush

18. When you can’t stand the new server your manager hired

19. Server: How long on those well-done burgers for table 63? Chef:

20. Despite all the screaming and freak outs everyone as a staff goes through, you know that you’re all just one big, crazy family

*Credit to my big brother, Brian, who knows the serving life all too well and gave me ideas for this.*