Bucket List Dreams

Working Adults Can Have Summer Bucket Lists Too

What's on your bucket list?

40

As a child, teenager, and even a young adult in school, there was no two better words than summer break. For the past 20-some years it was always the part of the year I looked forward too. For two and a half months each year, I lived in pure bliss, bingeing my favorite TV shows, hanging out with friends, and staying up way past my usual bedtime.

From as far back as I can remember, I've always created a bucket list of things I wanted to do over the summer. Whether it was going to the beach, an amusement park, or a concert, I always had a few things in mind that I sought out to accomplish.

Unfortunately, now that I’m graduated from college, summer break is a word that I can’t speak in my vocabulary anymore, that is until I have children and they get to enjoy those magical months for themselves. My family and older friends always told me that I’d miss the days of being in school and having an irregular schedule and, of course, I never believed them. Well, guess what? Now I do.

For those of us that are newly thrown into the working world, you can in fact still create and successfully complete a summer bucket list. And while you may have to work around your vacation days and real-life responsibilities such as bills, that trip to the grand canyon you’ve been dreaming about can still be possible. As this is my first summer in the working world, I’ve condensed my bucket list quite a bit as time (and money) aren’t as flexible as before.

For instance, I want to go on an out of state road trip, take my first burn boot camp exercise class, and learn calligraphy. All of which are feasible and things I can do on evenings and weekends without work interfering. And seeing as Burn Boot Camp is the most popular franchise in North Carolina according to FranchiseOpportunities.com, I have no excuse not to.

Being an adult doesn’t mean doesn’t mean you can’t fulfill your summer bucket list dreams. Go start those lists because summer is just around the corner!