Work Your Walk Of Shame

Work Your Walk Of Shame

Last nights dress looks better the next morning

90
Work Your Walk Of Shame
Total Sorority Move

We've all heard the cliche of college girls walking home in last nights dress, heels in hand, past a row of rowdy and hung over frat boys . Well, I have been "privileged" enough to see it, and judge others for making that choice all in 1 year of “college life”.

We live in a world where a women's choice to have sex is shamed. While men get rewarded socially for their sexual behavior. The decision to be sexually active is an individual choice. If a legal adult wants to partake in a night of sexual escapades then who are we to judge?Theres no shame in two consenting adults partaking in a healthy and physical activity. I fall guilty of judging those who walk home in last nights dress,.

This is an era that women are owning their power and with that comes their sexuality. No longer do we belong to men as objects.Think about it, women were once sold to their husbands as property, during a time, when their bodies were nothing more then human incubators. The female representation finally has some power, so why not take it and show those that still see women as physical objects, that we can enjoy a one night stand and shouldn't be shamed. Don't get me wrong we have come a long way since a women's only option was being in the kitchen. But we still constantly shame women for being honest about their sex lives. All the while praising men for “adding another notch on their belt”. The ideal that women need to constantly act like the perfect lady, is non existent for a generation thats primary focus is SEX.

The “Hookup Generation” that enacts relationships filled with awkward fondling and quick sessions in odd places, but then next morning one of the two participants are judged because of their gender. Men aren't the only ones who fall guilty to judging other women, but women themselves use language like “whore” and “skank” to describe women who have non-monogamous relationships. At this point, we push other women further down the sink whole of oppression when we use language to describe each other like that. Before you go and call another women a word you don't even know the meaning of, think about your own nights between the sheets.

Having a night of lust is common for this generation thanks to the trends society put in place for us. One should at least enjoy a night of passion for both or multiple individuals that choose to par take, much less just please a one and call it a night. Especially if the next morning one of you is being shamed for doing an act, you may have not even enjoyed. So whats worth more, being pleased or being shamed by society?

My challenge for you, the person reading this article thinking about their own sex life is to flaunt that walk of shame. Work the hallway or city street like you own the world, because in a sense you do. You took a stance at owning your sexuality and your freedom to do so. You looked good in that outfit last night, you look even better in it at 8:30 in the morning when your making your way home. You have the right to feel passion and lust, but nothing but societies old school and stereotypical idea is stopping you. Break the negative chain and own your sexuality, because once you do that, you can work last nights outfit better than anyone.