How To Work Through A Difficult Season in Life

"As you pass through this troubling season, remember that you are strong, courageous, and you have all the skills you need to overcome the challenges in front of you."

357

We all wish there was a "how-to" book on passing through difficult seasons in life. In reality, there is no "how-to" guide for overcoming tough seasons. There are inevitably going to be times in life that test our strength more than others. There are also times where we need to rely more on those around us, and that is perfectly okay. We all pass through these tough seasons in different ways. I know that words can only say so much, but I'm going to share a few of the ways I've learned to pass through hard seasons in life.

When you feel like everything in life is becoming too much, my first piece of advice is to stop and realize that it is not permanent. You will not always feel this way. Even if you feel at your lowest point, you will once again rise to the top. Life is ever-changing. There is not a day that is like the next. Sometimes it can be hard to keep up with this constant change and all we want is consistency. But, the beautiful thing about this is that your hard seasons are not everlasting.

I've found that it's also necessary to slow down when you are in a strenuous time of life. It's okay to choose to remove yourself from certain activities in order to focus on the ones that bring you the most joy. Sometimes it's even necessary to remove certain people from your life who further drain you during tiring seasons. Stop and remember that you are under no obligation to do everything all at once. You are allowed to choose yourself, especially in times when you are feeling overwhelmed and out of control.

I know from personal experience that you may try to "fix" everything by yourself. You may think you can handle every challenge on your own without any help. When you are going through a difficult season, it's okay to lean on your friends and family a little more than usual. They are there to love and support you. You should not be afraid to share your struggles. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in one way of thinking that we need an outsider's perspective.

We are confronted with difficult seasons for there is something we need to learn from them. We are being pushed to grow in a new way. A way that will possibly open doors for us that we never thought imaginable. There are lessons to be learned in every season. Sometimes we need to learn more about our own strength. Or maybe we need to learn about the role that other people play in our life. No matter what, you can gain something powerful from every season you pass through.

Most importantly, know that you are not alone. Everyone faces adversity throughout their life. As you pass through this troubling season, remember that you are strong, courageous, and you have all the skills you need to overcome the challenges in front of you.