Thoughts You Have Everyday While On The Job

25 thoughts that consume you when you have a summer job

Whether you work a summer job or have a job while attending school, you can relate to these ideas that pop into your head while at work.

70
Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash
https://unsplash.com/photos/dWYU3i-mqEo

Working sucks, but having money to spend it great(we can all agree). I enjoy working because I appreciate when that direct deposit hits randomly and my overall amount in my bank goes up. Now that is a joyous feeling that almost nothing compares to. Furthermore, whether you work over summer break and attend classes the rest of the year, like I do, or you work all year and go to school, you can relate to this laundry list of complaints and thoughts you have while on the job.

1. "Only one more hour of freedom."

2. "I really need to start getting out of bed and get dressed."

3. "Oh no. I still have to drive there."

4. "This traffic sucks. I think I might quit. Might."

5. "Omg, Dan totally parked in my spot that I ALWAYS park in."

6. "So, like, how many hours do I have left?"

7. "Only like six hours left, and I haven't even walked in yet."

8. "Oh no, the boss is walking towards me, LOOK BUSY!"

9. "Phew. She only wanted to tell me I was doing a great job."

10. "Wait. She's still talking to me. Now she's giving me a list of things-to-do."

11. "Wow. Okay. I'll be here late, again."

12. "No! It's only been 45 minutes."

13. "I hate these dumb uniforms."

14. "Did I feed the dog that I'm dog sitting? I'm only doing that to make extra cash because this job pays me nothing."

15. "How many hours of my life have I dedicated to this job?"

16. "I wish I could be in Spain. Or Italy. Or Greece. Where is my travel abroad experience?"

17. "Oh, look. Only two hours left. Okay, so that's like four 30-minute sessions at the gym."

18. "Will I even be able to contemplate going to the gym after this shift?"

19. "I wonder if all my friends are having fun not working and hanging out with each other."

20. "How come Jared gets to go home early? What has he done that deserves this amazing opportunity?"

21. "Maybe I should ask for some time off. I know I just started working a week ago, but work life is stressful."

22. "Yes, 20 minutes left. Power through."

23. "Okay, Jan. We get it, you had a GREAT time on your spring break trip. Now please walk away."

24. "YAY! I'm free at last!"

25. *gets into car* "Damn. I left my phone charger thereā€¦Nope, we are going home. Not worth it."