Word Vomit Of My Feelings

Word Vomit Of My Feelings

A poem for you.

29
Word Vomit Of My Feelings

It's hard to speak the truth -to let my lips do the talking my mind is screaming to do. I am constantly catching my tongue, holding back.

I've been restricting myself for a long time -building a wall around my feelings that I can't even cross. I'm scared -simple as that. This fear, like an itch that never goes away, drives my actions -my reactions. One wrong move turns into one wrong word, and before you know it, there is war.

I live with many wars, just as all humans do -just as you do. The uncertainty of life chasing me and driving me away from reality. I ask myself "what if" about 100 times a day. I think these thoughts and let my mind create realities -dimensions- in which my life isn't my life at all, but a reflection of something that simply could be.

A place where you know how I feel about you.

I've lived comfortably in my peace but I'm done being comfortable, I am ready to be brave -to not hide my feelings from you.

I'm tired of my mind, burning with rage at myself for not having already told you how happy I am because of you.

How my heart is completely and utterly taken over by you.

How five minutes with you, is better than hours spent with anyone else.

How I've never felt about anyone the way I feel about you.

You, of all people, know my timidness, know of my hurt. You know how I rarely speak what's on my mind.

You might think I'm being weak for writing this all down instead of looking into your eyes and having this discussion.

But to me, this is a big step, even if it's written.

You told me to start writing again, about anything.

So, here I am, having written how I feel -hand shaking as my thoughts travel from my head, down my arm, and into this poem.

I sat down to write, and all I could think about was you, and how I would trade the world just to have you in mine.