Woody And Buzz Have Been The Original Bromance Since 1995

You've got a friend in me.

422
Facebook

A brOTP is kind of like an OTP (one true pairing), but instead of being anything romantic, it's just two very close best friends, and it doesn’t even matter if they’re a guy and a girl. It’s the 21st century, it is possible for guys and girls to just be friends. For me, the original brOTP would have to be from watching the "Toy Story" series. It can’t get any more bromantic than Woody and Buzz Lightyear.

Woody and Buzz started off as rivals in the first movie, mainly because Woody was jealous of Buzz getting all the attention from their owner, Andy. I think the main reason why I wasn’t particularly pulled to this movie as much as the other two was because I was a little tired and bored at how drawn out the producers made them develop their friendship. I mean, Woody spent about half of the movie trying to get rid of Buzz and he almost sort of succeeded when he pushed him out the window, but like they could’ve had some sort of truce or something in the middle. I don’t know, I guess the producers thought the way they did it would make it a good movie, and I’m not one to disagree, it is a good movie, and I guess Woody made up for everything by saving Buzz from blowing up so it’s a win-win for everyone.

The second movie didn’t have as many Woody/Buzz broments, putting in some new characters for Woody to know in place of that, but Buzz did spend like the majority of the movie going on a life-or-death mission to save him from his kidnapper, which shows pure dedication and a great change in their friendship compared to the first movie. The fact that Buzz would risk life and limb, crossing traffic-filled streets and walking long strides, no matter how much his troupe complained about the distance is a beautiful thing and I think some people underestimate the strength that their friendship has and how much they would do for each other.

“Woody once risked his life to save me. I couldn’t call myself his friend if I weren’t willing to do the same.” - Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story 2).

Cue the feels.

And this:

“When it all ends, I’ll have old Buzz Lightyear to keep me company. For infinity and beyond.” - Woody (Toy Story 2)

And let’s throw this in for good measure:

Cue the tears.

They are the first example of a bromantic relationship I was ever exposed to in my childhood. Their bromance is one of the best ever in any of my fandoms, and I always look back on this first out of all of them whenever I think of it or need inspiration.

No matter how old you get, you can always find your way back to the roots of your beliefs and your interests. Woody and Buzz’s friendship has taught me many lessons in my lifetime, including the one crucial one that ties everything together: Even people who are completely, unequivocally different from each other, can be the best of friends.