5 Of The Best Trailers from Comic-Con

5 Of The Best Trailers from Comic-Con

"Wonder Woman" and "Justice League" lead the way.

8
5 Of The Best Trailers from Comic-Con
www.bluestacks.com

San Diego Comic Con took place over the weekend. As has become the norm, many studios released trailers for their most anticipated projects. This year was no surprise as we got trailers for a diverse set of movies, from a "Blair Witch" sequel to the 1000th movie telling the story of "King Arthur," to all the comic book movie and television trailers you can handle. After watching all of the trailers released from Comic Con a couple of times I'm going to tell you the five trailers that got me the most excited to see their movies/TV shows.

1. "Luke Cage"

I would have to say, just from the trailers it seems to me that D.C put out the most watched and talked about trailers, including "Wonder Woman" and "Justice League." But Marvel put out what looks to be one of the best TV shows of next year. If you think I'm over exaggerating just watch this trailer.

What is their not to love about this show? Great action, check; great soundtrack, check; great cast, check. If your wondering if Mike Colter has the acting chops, just watch "Jessica Jones," one of my favorite shows and in my opinion the second best superhero show ever, after Smallville. With the addition of Mahershala Ali or Remy from "House of Cards," this show looks like it has the potential to be even better than "Jessica Jones."

2. "King Arthur: Legend of the Sword"

This trailer has me the most divided - some parts look interesting and I like Charlie Hunnam as a leading man. I like the idea of a rough around the edges tough guy Arthur, instead of the normal wimpy Arthur we get in the beginning of movies. The cast seems good and I'm glad to see Aiden Gillan in something post "Game of Thrones." But there are faults with this. trailer Jude Law looks like the most cliche villains in existence. This movie could either be too cheesy and end up terrible like Guy Ritchie's last film "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." Or it could be just violent and out of the box enough to be a great addition to the vast collection of King Arthur films.

3. "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them"

When this movie was first announced I was vehemently against it; it seemed like another in a long line of lazy Hollywood attempt to cash in on a beloved franchise by rebooting, making a sequel, or a spin-off. This has produced horrible movies like "Godzilla," "Total Recall," or the "Divergent" series which now might get a spin-off series. All of those properties are horrible and I did not want to see that done to "Harry Potter," one of my favorite film/ book franchises. But when I saw this trailer I was hooked; Eddie Redmayne looks fantastic in his role as Newt Scamander. Colin Farrell looks to be a menacing villain and the visuals look fantastic. This is surely a movie to look out for!

4. "Justice League"

This is the trailer that surprised me the most by far after the dumpster fire that was "Batman Vs Superman." To say I was concerned about the DC Cinematic Universe would have been massive understatement. I was worried they were rushing out all of their films too quickly to try and keep pace with Marvel. Seeing this footage didn't relieve all of my worries and apprehensions but it quelled a lot of them. Ben Affleck was funny and witty in a way I've come to expect from the Batman in the comic books but not in a way I've seen on screen. The tone for the first time in a Zack Synder film didn't look soul crushingly depressing, they seemed as if they were having fun. Jason Momoa looked beyond bad ass in his role as Aquaman and Ezra Miller came off as not only a funny flash but one entirely different from Grant Austin's on the CW. This trailer has me cautiously optimistic to see Justice League.

5. "Wonder Woman"

I saved the best for last, no trailer got me more excited then this "Wonder Woman" trailer. I love the idea of juxtaposing the strong willed female character of Wonder Woman with the extremely sexist era of the early 1900's. Chris Pine was a fantastic casting choice as Steve Trevor, he looks to perfectly embody Trevor. The action scenes looked magnificent as Wonder Woman fights through trench warfare and in close quarters with enemy soldiers. This movie looks like it could be the one to really kick-start the DC Cinematic Universe, which is currently on extremely shaky footing.

Another great year of Comic-Con trailers is in the books. There were a lot of good trailers we didn't have time to mention but these are the five to most look forward to in the upcoming year.