To Women Like Me Who Voted For Trump

To Women Like Me Who Voted For Trump

My views and my rant.

29
To Women Like Me Who Voted For Trump
Mic

I don’t know about a lot of other women out there, but my Facebook and all other social media feeds were blown up with comments saying women who voted for Trump or side with Trump are disgraceful to all women and how we are going to face suppression again because Trump is in office.

FIRST, let me just say that people can stop shaming women who voted for Trump. Ignorant comments such as that I will NOT tolerate, in fact, NO ONE should tolerate. I voted for who I saw more fit to be president, to lead a nation. I am not a racist, I am not a sexist, I am not homophobic, I simply see Trump more fit.

My choice to vote for Donald Trump was… guess what I am about to say… MY CHOICE! You can deal with it! Yes, Donald has made sexist and gross remarks about women. He has said things that are very cringe-worthy, I will grant you that. He has views that are not too popular with the LGBT+ community and has come across cold and heartless towards Muslims or illegals. I will say that I would choose someone who is a pig than someone who is a snake any day.

September 11, 2012, four men who made the brave decision to serve our country died because of Hillary’s inability to tell the truth or own up to her own mess -- 33,000 emails or more are missing. She is under FBI investigation for the missing emails. Honestly, why are we allowing someone who is hiding so much from us to be so close to being able to run a country? She cannot be trusted!

Not to mention the case in 1975 where Hillary supported a man in court who was accused of raping a little girl and said a 12-year-old girl exaggerated or encouraged her attack. Yes, this is a case she had to work (which is questionable), but how on earth could someone who claims to be a feminist, someone who stands for women’s rights, and not to mention someone who is supposed to be a leader, support someone like that and even laugh about getting time off his sentence? (You can find the information I found here)

Keep in mind, these are my thoughts, these are the options I weighed in my head before voting. I am not shaming anyone for voting or siding with someone like Hillary.

Anyway, back to my point, I weighed my options and I knew that I would rather have a businessman with a potty mouth run the nation I live in than someone who is untrustworthy, in my opinion. Look, I know that Trump is not perfect, in fact, he wasn’t my first choice to be president, but when it came down to it, I had to make a choice. Trump was my choice.

Many people are worried that now women will be suppressed again because Trump has made sexist remarks before. TRUMP CANNOT make a law saying that employers can only hire beautiful women. TRUMP CANNOT undo all the progress we have made in these past years as women. He cannot suddenly make us a country stuck back in the 1940’s where women just sit at home and be good little housewives. It’s up to us, the citizens, to keep pushing for rights and to keep equality. The same can be said for the LGBT+ community. You don’t have to go back into the closet and wait for this all to pass. Let your voice be heard!

I don’t agree with everything Trump stands for, but believe me when I say I voted for the lesser of two evils. Not all Trump supporters carry around rebel flags and beat people with Bibles. No, we are normal, everyday people, just like you. The media only focuses on the extremists, the people who give Trump supporters a bad name, and say that we are all like that. It is completely ignorant and unacceptable behavior to assume that all Trump supporters are these terrible extremists and even more unacceptable that there are extremist. LISTEN WHEN I SAY THIS: We are all human beings and we would like to be treated as so. Simply have a heart and use your brain and treat everyone just as you would want to be treated. It is really that simple.

I have put my two cents in and made my point. Women who voted for Trump are not disgraceful to all women. Women who voted for Donald Trump are not heartless, ignorant, brainless people. We had to make a choice and our choice was someone who we shared more views with, just as you chose Hillary Clinton. You may not have even wanted Hillary in office. You might have wanted Gary Johnson, but let’s be real here, he had no chance amongst Donald and Hillary. It was one or the other. I exercised my right as an American to vote for who I saw more fit for the job, and no one, absolutely no one, can make me feel like a terrible person for standing for what I believe in.