Women are SLAYING 2019 Already.

Nancy Pelosi’s Bitch Clap And 7 Other Moments That Prove Women Are Slaying 2019

2019 is the year of the woman.

144
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77ziSHFJPj8&t

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: 2019 is going to be the year of the woman. If all goes according to plan and follows suit with some of the events that have already happened this year, women are going to be thriving this year.

Here are some of the best female-moments of 2019 so far, all inspired by Nancy Pelosi's amazing bitch clap that will go down in both girl power and internet history.

1. Lady Gaga wins the Oscar for Best Original Song.

After years...and I mean years of being considered "too weird" or "just a pop star" Lady Gaga showed the world who's boss with an Academy Award (and, not to mention, a really steamy duo with Bradley Cooper).

2. Selma Blair proves to any non-believers that being disabled doesn't prohibit you from also being a badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4B6LTUOYuk

Earlier this year, actress Selma Blair announced that she had multiple sclerosis. Since then, she's been posting about her journey with the disease on her social media accounts, and on February 24, she took to the red carpet with a smile on her face and a cane in her hand to prove that you can still be a boss, no matter what life throws at you.

3. Serena Williams calling out inequality in sports with her "Dream Crazier" Nike ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whpJ19RJ4JY

Serena Williams' new ad for Nike is a total win for women. Not only does it call out the inequality in the sporting world, but it also highlights some of the best female athletes in our history, including the queen herself, who literally had a baby and went back to winning tennis championships.

4. Ariana Grande's success with "thank u, next" and "7 rings."

Not only has Ari been slaying the game with her music lately, but she's also been slaying the industry's previous records. A list of the records that the single "7 rings" can be found here, and includes the largest music video debut on YouTube of 2019, and has Ariana known as being the youngest female artist to achieve two No. 1 Hits on Billboard Hot 100 (from the same album).

5. 2019's Women's March

The women's march is something that's been a highlight of every year. It's all about banding together and unifying for one cause: equality for everyone, and celebrating the badassery that is being a woman.

6. "Period. End of Sentence." wins big at the Oscars.

Seriously? A documentary about menstruation won an academy award. That is amazing, and honestly, one of the highlights of the year so far. Maybe this will help get rid of the ideology that talking openly about periods is something to be ashamed of.

7. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's dancing video clap-back.

Earlier this year, a video of representative Alexandria Oscasio-Cortez (better known as AOC) during her college years surfaced. The video was leaked in an attempt to be embarrassing and damning, but in reality, it was just a simple video of her dancing on a rooftop as a way to promote her university. The part about this story that's so great, though, is how AOC handled it. She ended up recreating part of the video in front of her new office.

If the rest of the year continues on in the same way that these events did, then this year is definitely going to be the year of the women. I'm so excited to see what other strong, female-powered moments we get out of 2019.