7 Women Empowerment Books To Look Out For This Year

2018 will be a good year with all the books releasing about femininity.
94

1. "The Cost of Living" by Deborah Levy

Releasing early July, author of "Women in Power," Deborah Levy, comes back with an autobiography about her experiences as a working woman.

2. "Not That Bad" by Roxane Gay

With her previous collection of essays titled, "Bad Feminist," Roxane Gay criticized pop culture's definition of being a feminist. With her new collection of essays in collaboration with "The Breakfast Club" actress, Ally Sheedy, releasing May 1st, Gay is returning to talk about the difficulties women face regarding rape and harassment.

3. "Basic Black With Pearls" by Helen Weinzweig

Coming out in early April, this novel is sure to take the reader on a journey of gender stereotypes and class difficulties faced during the 80's.

4. "Sharp" by Michelle Dean

Also releasing in early April is Michelle Dean's analysis of twentieth-century New York female thinkers. Recounting the stories of American poet Dorothy Parker, writer Nora Ephron, and many others this book serves as a tribute to the contributions of empowerment delivered by these women.

5. "The Female Persuasion" by Meg Wolitzer

This novel chronicles the journey protagonist Geer Kadestsky, a college freshman who is just beginning to come to terms with her own self and figuring out a path to her future.

6. "The Merry Spinster" by Mallory Ortberg

If you're into "feminist fairy tales," this book that is set to release mid-march is your perfect match.

7. "This Will Be My Undoing" by Morgan Jerkins

Releasing late January, this collection of essays focuses on the complexities brought upon African American women.