My Wishes For 2017

My Wishes For 2017

A small reflection on 2016, and my hopes for the new year.

6
My Wishes For 2017
crosswalk.com

I think it's fair to say 2016 has been a rollercoaster. From the election, to the numerous acts of terrorism around the world, to many celebrity deaths, there's no denying there are a lot of mixed feelings surrounding this year. People have definitely not held back expressing their disappointment in 2016 and their hopes for a much better 2017.

For me personally, 2016 hasn't been much of a year. It's had it's ups and it's downs. I've had some great moments, and some not so great ones. I worked hard and accomplished some great things while having to deal with some set backs. I also met a lot of interesting people and made some good friends, while unfortunately loosing others. All in all, it was a year like any other.

With that being said, I do have high hopes for 2017. I hope to make some great memories with my friends. I hope to continue learning and achieving my goals in school. I hope my parents' business continues to thrive so they can rest. I hope my sisters continue to work hard to make their dreams come true. I hope my little brother continues to grow and bring us happiness. I hope people can be accepting of all. I hope racism and all other forms of prejudice disappear. I hope the world finds peace. Most of all, I wish everyone happiness, and I hope people choose love over hate.