The 8 Wisest Things Dumbledore Said In "Harry Potter"

"Harry Potter" is a series unlike any other. Regardless if you're a diehard Potterhead that knows what house you'd be sorted in or if you couldn't care less about the wizarding world, chances are you know at least a little bit about the series. Besides developing the intricately unique world the characters live in, J.K. Rowling created characters that serve as sources of inspiration for readers. Dumbledore is the most well-known for having iconic quotes, as he is very wise and a source of advice for many characters in the series. In no particular order, here are (in my opinion) Dumbledore's best quotes from "Harry Potter".

1. “It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

Chamber of Secrets, when Harry is worried about being like Voldemort.

2. “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Prisoner of Azkaban, at dinner when explaining that dementors would be guarding the school but they shouldn't be afraid.

3. “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRn79cmsraI

Goblet of Fire, in reference to Fudge's inflated opinion of pureblood families.

4. “Do not pity the dead…pity the living, and above all, those who live without love.”

Deathly Hallows, when Harry speaks to Dumbledore in his realistic dream before going back to the battle.

5. “It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyEDfRH-SQU

Half-Blood Prince, when reassuring that death isn't something to be scared of.

6. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”

Sorcerer's Stone, when he finds Harry in front of the Mirror of Erised.

7. “Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d40X5WkOjxg

Half-Blood Prince, when leaving to look for a Horcrux with Harry.

8. “To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”

Sorcerer's Stone, when explaining that Flamel will die when the stone is destroyed but it is a sacrifice for the greater good.