Winter Whispers

Poetry On Odyssey: Winter Whispers

A short poem about winter days that remind us to stop and look at the beauty that surrounds us on these cold days.

31
Winter

As the snow hits the gentle surface of the concrete, it paints a white film of crystals

The snowflakes are the main stars of the show and the blizzard whisks them around as they spin

They fly and dance letting their crystallized shapes shine through the blizzard

One by one, they fall and a new cast gets ready to show off

The wind shakes the covered branches to flutter their parts onto the stage

The thin film begins the thicken and the snowflakes begin the harden

Laughter is heard from the glowing light of the home as the children run outside and fall

Fall onto the covered ground and warm the firm blanket of snow by shaking their arms and legs up in repeating movements

The snow begins to separate and angels start to form

Angels made up of such delicacy and beauty of which the snowflakes belonged

As the bright moonlight casts down onto the angels, a soft whisper is heard through the winds

"Winter is here"