Winter Is Coming

Winter Is Coming

7 ways the winter season will make you feel.

35
Winter Is Coming

Ah, here we are. Winter. Halloween is a thing of the past, and everyone's too obsessed with Christmas music to remember that Thanksgiving still exists. There's a certain atmosphere that comes along with November. The smell of firewood in chimneys down the road, the crunch of leaves that are red, yellow, and orange under your feet as you walk. Pumpkin Spice Latte's are being replaced by Chestnut Praline Latte's. Slowly, Christmas music will infiltrate the radio, and sooner or later, we'll find ourselves singing along to Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You.

But winter isn't always blissful. It isn't just stockings and Christmas trees. It's freezing cold winds that freeze your eyelashes. It's snow that goes up to your butt and ice that will probably scare at least ten years off of your life as you're driving down the road. So when that first snow hits, know what you're about to be facing.

The First Snow will likely make you feel happy and at peace. It's soothing.

There's even the hope of a snow day!

Until of course, it's not considered enough snow for a snow day, and now you're walking to class looking like you've just left the North Pole.

You can build snowmen and igloos, or you could go sledding.

Or, you can leave for work half an hour earlier than usual because of how bad the roads and sidewalks are.

You can snuggle in your blankets in bed, and stay all nice and toasty.

You can fight your windows that are frozen solid from the inside because the seal is broken and the moisture froze so you spend hours using a hair dryer to melt the ice because your room is now freezing. It's fine.