Winter Break: "The Halftime Show"

Winter Break: "The Halftime Show"

Everyone loves a good halftime show.

13
Winter Break: "The Halftime Show"
EskiPaper

If you're any normal college student, you are looking forward to Winter Break, or as I like to call it: the "Halftime Show". It's a time that everyone needs whether you fall under students, faculty, or families.

It's a time when you can finally have a break after a long fall semester. You can relax finally, especially after surviving finals week, where you're really stressed to the max. After that, a break is really what you need. Cramming, studying, stressing, dying on the inside can definitely wear a person out.

Winter break is when you can finally go home and not have to do schoolwork and you can actually visit family like you say you're going to. And you can finally come home and hang out with friends instead of just ultimately changing venues for your studying. It's when you can go home and relax instead of stressing about everything.

The downside of winter break is that despite all the relaxation and stress relief, you may not be able to spend it with the people you want to. Yes, you love your friends and family. But some of the people that you've gotten so close with at school and have made it your home away from home, won't be at your home for winter break. They'll be at their own. Yeah, you'll stay in touch but they won't just be down the hallway like at school.

But despite its faults, winter break is a time for everyone to relax. Everyone will need it after finals or graduation or any stress. Getting adapted back to being at home after being gone for so long can be tough because of having to adapt back to the rules of your folks especially after having your own at school. But in the end, it's worth it. One's mental health needs a break from stress and all that happens at college, so maybe we should all look forward to the "Halftime Show".