5 Ways Winnie The Pooh Reminds Us To See The Good, Even When Life Gets Tough

That silly ole bear has a lot to say when you're feeling down.

26

To be honest, I did not know what to write this week. My life constantly felt like it was crumbling and I had almost no energy for anyone or anything. So, I did what I always did. I read Winnie the Pooh quotes. There is a certain calm that "silly ole bear" can only bring to me. It wasn't until I was trying to write my article that the idea of what I needed to share with the world came. After a few emotionally exhausting weeks, I decided to share some of the quotes I read to lift me up.

1. "Life is a journey to be experienced, not a problem to be solved.” (Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Miline)

This is one of the quotes that brings me some peace when life feels like standing on shoulders. Life is not supposed to be simple, but it also not supposed to have one answer to everything. We must remember that we as people are on our paths to live. Winnie the Pooh is a beloved character from many of our childhoods. However, I do believe that as you grow older, you realize that Pooh prepares you how to deal with life and love.

2. “I don’t feel very much like Pooh today,” said Pooh. “There, there” said Piglet. “I’ll bring you some tea and honey until you do.” (Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Miline)

Although technically not a Winnie the Pooh quote, I feels whatever emotions present are validated through this quote. It is okay to be sad and have dark days because these are apart of the human experience. If Winnie the Pooh can be sad, so can you. Also, it reminds me that my loved are going to be there to pick up the pieces and put me together until I feel whole again.

3. “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” (Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Miline)

Another one of the validating quotes! That silly bear reminds us to celebrate our differences! So, celebrate the beautiful you!

4. “Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." (Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Miline)

I believe this to be one of the deeper quotes from Pooh. It's a gentle reminder that we all will end up where we need to be. This is the quote I look to very often when I find myself questioning my life choices. As someone who is both a perfectionist and their worst critic, I often end up frustrating myself over the simplest of things. This leads to me feeling as though I am not trying hard enough or have succeeded. So, I think back to this quote to remind me that life is going to go at its own pace. There is no place I am "supposed" to be, I only have to be happy with where I already am.

5. “It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine.” (Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Miline)

One of my personal favorites is the reminder to look for sun. I will often think back to this quote when my days feel long and that the world is too gloomy. The reminder that there is always a light waiting brings a feeling of warmth and reminds me to look on the bright side of things.

Although the world can be fully of darkness, never forget to think like Pooh-Bear. For if you do, the world may appear to sweet as honey.