I Will Not Apologize For What I Want

I Will Not Apologize For What I Want

"Life is not about limits or settling for just okay, it's about having faith and working hard to get where we want to go."

21
I Will Not Apologize For What I Want

People my age are either already in a relationship moving in together, getting married and having babies, lonely like me wanting a real relationship, or sitting here "wanting" a relationship when in reality all they want is to sit and play with your heart. All of the guys that I have talked to that "want" a relationship, always end up changing their minds when I get my feelings involved. And can you guess why they change their minds? Because I tell them that I'm not just going to sleep with them. They are going to have to work hard and prove to me that they are worthy. I know that sounds a bit crazy for saying they have to show me that they are worthy, but they do. I'm not going to sit here and waste my time on someone that could care less about me and anything I want in life, all they care about is when I'll let them in my pants. And honestly, this is so sad that this is what society has come to now. Everyone is so caught up in wanting to get in each other's beds that they miss the real reason for it all. People don't care what your favorite thing to do is, your favorite food, favorite color, or even your last name nowadays, they just care what you can do for them. While I understand that sex is a part of a relationship, it's not the most important thing. You have to have a legit connection with the person. You have to learn about their favorite things, meet their friends and family, learn their coffee order, learn their facial expressions, and just everything you possibly can about them. A relationship is about love and growth, you both learn to love each other even though you both can do some very annoying things, and grow together as a couple, and while doing that you will see yourself growing as a person. Now, I know I'm nineteen, and have never had a boyfriend but I have learned some things over the years. I have learned to not apologize for wanting real love and a real relationship. I have learned not to apologize for wanting to wait for the right person to experience all of the crazy things in life. And who knows, I guess all of these crappy guys you go through, leads you to your Prince Charming so don't ever ever think you have to settle and don't ever lower your standards. You are you, and if he can't be happy with that then they are not worth it.