Wild-Flowers

Wild-Flowers

God's Beauty shines through the clouds.

45
Wild-Flowers
Texas Photo Workshops

When was the last time you were in a field of wild-flowers or even just seen pictures of families in the wild-flowers of Spring? This is a story about two best friends who used the wild flowers to represent the beauty that that they found within the storms of their lives; to show that God's beauty can be found through the rain. The two best friends are Derick and Calissa and this is their story and how the wild-flowers showed them how God's beauty can be found even in the some of the storms that darken the days.

Calissa and Derick are best friends and throughout their lives, they have both been knocked down to their knees in prayer and faced the storms head on together. When Derick was sixteen he was diagnosed with paralysis from the waist down and Calissa was right beside him through his physical therapy, and played a vital role in his recovery. They both loved to go to the wild-flower fields all year long and just laid there in the fields together thanking God for the beautiful surroundings in those fields of flowers. While Derick was paralyzed, Calissa helped him out of the wheelchair into the field and they laid side by side and were singing praises to God and just studying the bible during that time and together they were happy just admiring God's beauty in the field of wild-flowers no matter the weather or the time of day that they arrived.

Fast Forward four years later and Derick and Calissa had a church wedding and Derick was escorted down the aisle on his crutches, for his physical therapy allowed him to be able to walk down that aisle to wait for his bride Calissa. After the wedding they were headed to the wild-flower field and they arrived at midnight and together they laid in the flowers just saying how much closer they have grown and they made it a priority to allow God into the center of their marriage; and together they have both grown in their relationship with the Father. A few months later Calissa was not feeling well and was taken to the hospital. Once there her tests confirmed that she had cancer and her doctor told her that they would like to start treatment right away and Derick burst into tears along with his wife as they realized what was to come. Calissa and Derick decided that she would start treatment that following week. After Calissa was released from the hospital, Derick took her to the wild-flowers and once they arrived they just laid there in shock but they knew that God was in control and would help them through and to fight the battle with cancer.

They were both on their knees praying in the fields and though they were going to face the uphill battle, they would face it together like they have done and Trust in God through the journey on the road to recovery like She did for Derick when he was paralyzed. Calissa started her treatment that Monday and was going to be hospitalized for the week and Derick would be right by her side being her support system along with Derick's parents for Calissa's parents have passed away a couple of years before. When Derick's parents arrived at the hospital they made Calissa their first priority and even brought her a special gift to cheer her up. Derick's mom told him to go home, change into a suit, grab the camera and go to the wild-flower field. Derick did not question his mom but really did not want to go to that field alone especially in a suite. When he got to the field he was surprised at what he saw.

Calissa had an older brother named Jamal, who was in the military and he found out through Derick's parents that She was diagnosed with cancer, so he was granted leave so he could go home to be with his baby sister and Derick while she underwent treatment. When Derick arrived at the field of wild-flowers that the two of them always went, he saw his brother-in-law who he has not seen since the wedding because he was on deployment standing there and was in shock. Derick asked "How did you get here and I thought you were on deployment?" He responded I was deployed, but have been granted family leave due to a family emergency in which I found out via your mom and dad, for Calissa told me she was not feeling well when I talked to her on the phone. In his mind he wondered why he was in the suite, but it made sence after seeing Jamal in his uniform.

Derick then took out the camera and saw Jamal was spelling out something in the wild-flowers and after he was through he asked Derick to record, for Calissa did not know her big brother was home to be with her. He started recording and Jamal started talking in front of what he spelled out in the wild-flowers. He spelled out Love You Baby Sister and I will see you very soon and remember God moves in mysterious ways and will take care of you! Then Jamal and Derick picked a bouquet of some of her favorite wild-flowers to take to her in the hospital. They arrived back at the hospital that evening and Jamal changed into some jeans and a nice polo and Derick was still in his suite and together they went into her room. Calissa was shocked to see her big brother and happy as well.

Then Jamal told her that they had a surprise for her. He then pulled out Derick's camera and showed her the video and her eyes filled with tears. Her big brother was home to help take care of his baby sister and be that support she needed along with Derick and his parents to fight the battle, then Derick handed her the bouquet of wild-flowers from the field and they all just said prayers of thanks and praised God despite the circumstances. After a couple of months of treatment Calissa was in remission and cancer-free and that night she was released from the hospital she asked Jamal to go to the wild-flower field with them and he did. When they arrived she saw the message her brother written her in the flowers and her heart smiled on the inside and all three of them laid down in the field and prayed all night long.

Two years later Derick and Calissa had a healthy baby girl and a healthy baby boy for they had twins, and Jamal was done with his service in the military and was coming back home to be near Derick, Calissa and his niece and nephew. Together as a family they all went to the wild-flower field and just sang praises to God, spent time in prayer and through out it all their relationship with him has only grown stronger for God did not give up on them and they did not give up on God and grew closer to him throughout the storms and found the true beauty of the wild-flowers that showed them no matter what life throws at you as long as you Trust God, he will show you the wild-flowers in your life to help you see his beauty despite the rain and the storms. As a family they all grew closer together and closer to God through the battle of the storms and remained faithful with the help of some wild-flowers and found true beauty in the rain. Amen.

Song of Songs 2:12 (TNIV) Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land.

Psalms 103: 15 (KJV) As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.