10 Reasons You Should Get Yourself A Nerdy Girl

"That’s why nerdy girls are wife material."

506

Nerds have often taken the stereotype of being poorly dressed, wear glasses, and awkward. Although, that last one may be mostly true, the title “nerd” is developing more of a different stereotype altogether. Even though some people may be stuck in the old ways of nerds, this list will give you 10 reasons why nerdy girls are the new bae.

1. They can keep up a conversation.

The problem with most guys, is that they listen with their eyes. They make the horrible mistake of not trying to have a conversation with a girl before trying to hit her up. Now, they are stuck having to explain every joke they tell, and are too conceited to even listen how your day went. With a nerdy girl, her vocabulary is very on point, and she can bring up anything into a conversation. No need to explain your jokes to her too, because she will get them right away. If you ever need someone to talk to, call up your girlfriend, and talk your worries away. She will actually listen, and give pretty good feedback in return. The only downside is if you try to make conversation with her while she is in the middle of playing her video game.

2. Can actually go shopping together.

Have you ever went shopping with your girlfriend, and ended up becoming the bag carrier/ATM? You have to stand for long hours while she tries on countless outfits, in multiple stores that all sell the same things, and spend an eternity picking between two shades of color you can not spot the difference in. However, if you have a nerdy girlfriend, the phrase, “Going shopping” may have a different meaning to you. Skip the boutiques, and drive straight to Barnes and Nobles, GameStop, Hot Topic, or your local anime shop. You both can spend hours looking through things you both can be interested in, and she will carry her own bags.

3. Speaking of shopping, did I mention how easy it is to shop for her?

Many men have (nearly) lost their lives on important occasions such as; birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, celebrations, etc. The primary reason was because of the complications of picking out the perfect present. You have to rack your brain for weeks to think of anything she would like. Oh, and if you’re wrong? Guillotine time for you, my friend. You can’t go wrong buying a gift for a nerdy girl. Just pick any of the 500 fandoms she has, and find anything related to it. As long as she does not already have it, she will freak out. You get points for being observant, and points for showing an interest in something you like. Just a tiny POP figure could make you look like a hero to her.

4. Movies/Shows

Dying to go to that new Marvel movie this weekend? Have you been aching to see that sci-fi movie that your normal girlfriend rolls her eyes to every time the preview comes on? Get a girl who will be excited to see it with you! She will have every new episode of Game of Thrones recorded on your DVR for you. If you are in a slump, and didn’t realize another Suicide Squad is coming out next week, your nerdy girlfriend already has the trailer tagged for you, tickets on hold, and is picking out the best Harley/Joker cosplay for the both of you.

5. Your Personal Homework Helper

The best things in life are free. So don’t pay for a tutor, and just fall in love with one! Having a nerdy girlfriend comes with many benefits. You will always have help with homework, you will always have a budget set for your spendings, always have an organizer on the best way to spend your day, and you will never be late for anything as long as your little assistant girlfriend is with you. The pocket protector comes with the package.

6. Video Games Together

One of the most stressful things in a relationship is finding something to do together. Well fear no more! With nerd bae, she will be up for anything you’re interested in. Night on the town, hours of video games, sci-fi movie night, or Netflix binge fest, she will be down.

7. Never Worry About Stuck-Up Friends

Ever worried about making a good impression with your girlfriend’s friends? Nothing to worry about with a nerdy girl. Her friends are going to be just as adorable and self-conscious as she is, with a hint of awkward. They will be easy to please (again, just pull out the fandoms), and kind acts will always be remembered. However, even though she may not have that many, the ones she does have will be extremely loyal, so don’t break her heart. No man has ever lived to tell about a nerd attack.

8. Ready To Go

Tired of waiting hours to be able to leave the house with your high maintenance girlfriend? With your nerdy girl, just say the word, and she will quickly throw on her favorite super hero t-shirt, and be ready to hit the road.

9. Not Clingy

Want a girl who will get upset when you take too long to text back? Give you the silent treatment if you fall asleep without telling her? Search through your phone? Needs attention 24/7? Unfortunately, this isn’t going to be found in a nerdy girlfriend. Instead, you will get someone who respects your space and privacy, understands when things get busy, will never try to prioritize herself, and will always be there when you need her. Sorry, not sorry.

10. Have A Big Heart

Probably the most admirable trait when it comes to having a nerdy girlfriend, would be just how big of a heart she has. A commitment with her is a commitment to someone who will always be worried about you. Someone who understands how it feels to be judged, and will never judge you. A girl who will care about you (almost) as much as she cares about Supernatural. Her passion is deep, and her love is pure. She will love you for who you are, and will never expect what she wouldn’t be willing to give. That’s why nerdy girls are wife material.

Tag a nerdy girl in your life, whether it be a friend, family member, or girlfriend. She will appreciate the kind words.