Why You Should Watch 'The Amazing Bulk'

Why You Should Watch 'The Amazing Bulk'

If you haven't watched "The Amazing Bulk," take an hour out of your life (that you would have wasted anyway), and watch this movie.

Warning! This article contains spoilers for this wonderful movie. If you haven't watched "The Amazing Bulk", take an hour out of your life (that you would have wasted anyway), and watch this movie.

With the rise in popularity of superhero movies, there's only one that I've seen that's stood out from the rest. That movie is "The Amazing Bulk" directed by Lewis Schoenbrun and written by Keith Schaffner. If you don't take my word for how amazing this movie is, Rotten Tomatoes puts it at N/A%, which means it broke the rating scale with how much people liked it.

It follows a young scientist named Henry "Hank" as he tries to develop a superhuman serum in order to impress his lover Hannah's father, who happens to be in charge of his company. After being told he can't marry General Darwin's daughter until the serum is complete, he tests it on himself becoming "The Amazing Bulk." Then, to get the antidote, he must stop the evil villain from destroying the moon.

The characters are so good, you forget their names half the time until the last five minutes of the movie when two of them are dead and have headstones you can read them on. The personalities of these characters are rich and perfectly portrayed by the actors in this production.

The soundtrack is full of classic, royalty-free compositions, such as "William Tell Overture" and "Vivaldi's Spring." I found myself recognizing a lot of the songs, and enjoying the action sequences paired with them. It made me see the music in a different way.

The suspense is really built up all throughout the movie, and the ending is a bit of a twist. I expected something from the ending, but I won't spoil what actually happens. You'll have to watch it for yourself to see.