20 Magical And Memorable Old Time Disney Animated Movies

You know, the ones that are at least ten years old.

77
Raphael Zanardo on Youtube.

Whether you are old or young, Disney has captivated the world with their enchanted and magical stories of love, wonder, family, and practically every other topic that makes you all mushy inside. Created in 1923, Disney Studios have been pumping out movies for as long as anyone could remember, and there are over hundreds of movies that they have produced and created.

However, one movie type that Disney is absolutely known for is their animated films. Of course, there are the newer ones that have grown men fawning more than their own daughters, but it is time to bring back the old favorites that no matter how much time passes, they will never get old.

Here is the top twenty oldies but goodies of Disney animated films in no particular order. (Trust me, it was not easy to pick just twenty!)

20. "The Aristocats"

This film follows the crazy and funny adventures of a cat named Duchess and three kittens who are left a fortune. However, it goes wrong when the butler wants it all for himself, and he abandons the cats in the countryside. With the help of Thomas O'Malley, an alley cat, they embark on an adventure to their home back in Paris.

"Ladies don't start fights, but they can finish them!" - Marie from "The Aristocats"

19. "Fox & The Hound"

Who can ever forget this story about Copper and Todd the Fox? They were best friends when they were younger, but as they got older grew apart as Copper was trained to be a hunting dog. This is a sad but cute story that explores the complexity of friendship.

"Darlin' forever is a long, long time, and time has a a way of changing' things." -Big Momma from "Fox & The Hound"

18. "Peter Pan"

A tale of a free-spirited and mischievous young boy who flies and never grows old. Peter Pan spends his days hanging with the lost boys and interacting with fairies, pirates, mermaids, natives and children who come from the outside world to Neverland.

"All you need is a little bit of faith, trust and pixie dust." - Peter Pan From "Peter Pan"

17. "Alice in Wonderland"

Well, you know how the story goes. She follows a rabbit only to discover a whole different world, with creatures and people that are out of this world.

"Curiosity often leads to trouble." - Alice From "Alice in Wonderland"

16. "Lady & The Tramp"

When two different dogs from two completely different backgrounds fall in love and share a spaghetti kiss. Can anyone say relationship goals?

"Exactly. Life on a leash. Look again, Pige. Look, there's a great big hunk of world down there, with no fence around it. Where two dogs can find adventure and excitement. And beyond those distant hills, who knows what wonderful experiences? And it's all ours for the taking, Pige. It's all ours." -Tramp From "Lady & The Tramp"

15. "The Jungle Book"

The story of a boy named Mowgli who was raised by wolves, and is befriended by Bagheera the panther, and the bear Baloo, while he embarks into the ravenous jungle.

"Greater one hath no one than he who lays down his life for his friend." Bagheera The Panther From "The Jungle Book"

14. "101 Dalmations"

Okay, who doesn't love puppies, and their amazing ability to overpower Cruella De Vil, the evil fur coat lover?

"The humans have tried everything, now it's up to us dogs, and the twilight bark." -Danny from "101 Dalmations"

13. "The Lion King"

The inspiring story about how a young cub's father was killed, only for the cub to come back and take back what was rightfully his from his evil uncle; the throne.
"Hakuna Matata, It means no worries, for the rest of your days." - Pumba from "The Lion King"

12. "Bambi"

A cute fawn named Bambi who lives in the woods with a skunk named Flower, and a crazy little bunny named Thumper, as he explores the forest with his pals, and learns multiple lessons of love, life and loss.

If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all." - Thumper From "Bambi"

11. "Lilo & Stitch"

A little girl named Lilo who felt like she has never belonged finds a friend in an out of this world alien named Experiment 626, aka Stitch.

"Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten." Lilo From "Lilo & Stitch"

10. "Dumbo"

A young little elephant who grows up with the torment of others because of his abnormally large ears goes through an amazing self-discovery where he finds out what makes him different, isn't such a bad thing after all.

"The very things that held you down are gonna to carry you up and up." - Timothy Mouse from "Dumbo"

9. "Pinocchio"

This is the story of a man named Geppetto who makes a son out of wood. His son then comes alive with help from a blue fairy who says he can become a real boy if he proves that he is honest, brave and truthful. Well, the last one doesn't go so well.

"The most fantastic , magical things can happen, and it all starts with a wish." -Jiminy Cricket from "Pinocchio"

8. "Finding Nemo"

The inspiring predecessor to "Finding Dory," where Marlin and his friend Dory go on a journey to find his missing son Nemo after he is taken from a diver. (I think everyone knows it by now.)

"Just Keep Swimming." - Dory from "Finding Nemo"

7. "Toy Story"

The story of how a Cowboy toy named Woody, and Buzz Lightyear an intergalactic space warrior, despite their differences, do everything they can to get back with Andy, their rightful owner.

"To Infinity...and Beyond!" - Buzz Lightyear from "Toy Story"

6. "The Little Mermaid"

When Ariel, a beautiful mermaid princess, falls in love with a prince on land, she makes a deadly deal with a sea witch named Ursula to become human temporarily. When everything goes south, King Triton has to make the ultimate sacrifice for his daughter.

"You got your own style, now let it come through. And remember no matter what, you got to be you." -Sebastian from "The Little Mermaid"

5. "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs"

The classic tale of a princess who is the fairest of them all and lives with seven dwarfs. Let us not forget the poisonous apple involved.

"Oh! What a cute little chair. Why, there's seven little chairs, must be seven little children. And from the look of this table, seven untidy little children." - Snow White From "Snow White"

4. "Cinderella"

This film has it all: evil step-sisters, pumpkin carriages, mice that turn into horses, a prince, and you can't forget the glass slippers, as well as the significance of midnight.

"Do you love me because I'm beautiful, or am I beautiful because you love me?" - Cinderella From "Cinderella"

3. "Aladdin"

The adventure of a street rat who finds a genie from a lamp who grants him three wishes.

"Thank you for choosing "Magic Carpet" for all your travel needs. Don't stand till the rug has come to a complete stop. Thank you. Goodbye, now. Goodbye. Goodbye, thank you. Goodbye." - The Genie From Aladdin.

2. "Beauty & The Beast"

Love knows no bounds in this Disney Classic.

“She warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within.” – Narrator from "Beauty & The Beast"

1. "Sleeping Beauty"

Spolier alert: she must be awakened with a kiss from her true love.

"Maleficent doesn't know anything about love, or kindness, or the joy of helping others. You know, sometimes I don't think she's really very happy." - Fauna From "Sleeping Beauty."

Although there are many more movies that I would love to include on this list, I felt these movies were a great representation of all the old-time Disney classics we all know and love. Maybe If you haven't seen some of these, I inspired your new Netflix binge list!

Have a magical and Disney filled day!