Why You Should Support The Local Music Scene

Support Local Bands And Local Musicians

16
Abbi Webb

I have been asked why I like to support local bands and local musicians. Local music and local musicians are a big part of a community’s culture. Down here in Vincennes, we have A Burden To Bear, Austin Sprinkle, and many other bands. Up by my home town, we have Sonsey Cloud, Lost Faith In Liars, and many more. It is important to support these bands. I will tell you the top ten reasons why I like to support local bands and local musicians. These local musicians put their heart and soul into their work. You can see it in their eyes when they play. You can see their dedication when you go to their shows. You can feel it in your soul when you listen to their music. Plus, these people understand what it is like here in this town and they can relate to specific problems that are going on.

1. Passion. The amount of passion they put into their music is just amazing. When I personally go see a local show, I can see the dedication and the love they put into their shows.
  2. Determination. The amount of determination these people put into their music is amazing. Most of them have jobs on the side to support this dream.
  3. Dedication. The dedication they have for this is amazing. You can see it in their energy.
  4. Your feelings and energy. The energy you put out when you go to their shows is amazing. This energy you admit can show them how much you are enjoying yourself. When you head bang and move around is showing that you are enjoying yourself and that you are feeling the music.
  5. Their words. If you listen closely to their songs they sing, you can hear the true meaning to the words that they sing. These words can be about depression, struggles, or even about heartbreak. It’s not about sex or drugs or drinking like some of the music is today.
  6. Their energy. The energy these people let off while they are preforming is just amazing. The way they jump around the stage and even get out into the crowd is just amazing. Their energy is just amazing.
  7. Their music. Like I previously said, their music means so much. They can bring tears to your eyes, make you sing along, or even join a mosh pit even if you wouldn’t normally do so. Their music just entices you and makes you come alive if you’ve had a bad week.
  8. The Culture. When you get to know these people, you can see how they are so involved into the life of being a musician. It is just amazing to see and to hear them talking about it.
  9. The life. These people live for the thrill of the music scene. We also live for the thrill. We love going to concerts to see live music and to see and feel the energy of the performers.
  10. You. You are most likely the most important part. Without you, they would have no desire to go out and perform for people. There are times you might be the only people there besides the other bands but you will always see the band members smile a little when they see you.

This is why it is important to support local music. Sometimes, you are the most important part in this whole thing.