5 Reasons You Should Consider Going Abroad

Your college experience does not have to be limited to your college campus.

44

As a sophomore in college, I have been thinking about my plans for next year. With internships, classes, and maintaining a social life, junior year looks like it is going to be a stressful time. But just because it is going to be stressful does not mean it can't be fun. Although I have not studied abroad myself, I am definitely considering it, and this is why you should too!

1. Travel

The most obvious reason to go abroad is to travel. With a full semester to travel, you'll be busy seeing some of the most incredible sights in the world.

2. Meet new people

Listening to my friends' abroad stories, they all agree that one of the best parts of going abroad is meeting new people. Whether you travel with people who attend your university, or you meet people from a completely different part of the world, abroad is a great way to get outside the confines of your campus and meet new people!

3. Take new classes

Finding an abroad program that interests you can give you the opportunity to take classes that may not be offered on your campus. Whether you decide to take a fine arts requirement in Italy, or a fashion class in Paris, you will be given the once in a lifetime opportunities. You will learn so much both inside and outside the classroom while abroad.

4. Immerse yourself in a completely different culture

Living in another country can be intimidating, but can also be extremely rewarding. Immersing yourself into a new culture can teach you a lot about yourself and the world in which we live.

5. Find yourself

It sounds cliché, but it's true! Sometimes you need to step outside your comfort zone in order to discover who you truly are. Immersing yourself into a different culture, and seeing the world can really widen your horizons.

So why not give it a shot? Happy traveling!