Why You Should Send Goodnight Messages

Goodnights texts are simple and genuine. There is no harm with saying goodnight to someone. It simply means you want them to have a goodnight. There is no sexual implications in it. There is no rudeness in a genuine "goodnight." If you had parents around the home growing up, remember the nights our parent would tuck us into bed and say "goodnight, don't let the bed bugs bite." For some reason, this always made me feel happy and it created this assurance in my head that I was always going to have a goodnight. "Sweet dreams" also has the same fulfillment. As we grow up, many of us live on our own or with roommates, who are too focused on sitting on their phones and watching television. We don't usually have someone to say goodnight to us in those cases. So in turn, we feel rewarded when someone outside our general living space is willing to reach out to us to wish us a goodnight. Here is a few reasons why you should send a "goodnight message" to someone.

You want them to sleep well, right?

We are all still little kids living in big kid bodies. We all have the want and the need to have someone wish us goodnight. Therefore, just say it. It can't hurt.

You don't want them to have nightmares.

A goodnight implies that you will sleep well and not have nightmares. So offer a friend a hand and wish them a goodnight.

You don't want them to stay up all night pondering.

A goodnight implies that the person will sleep and think happy thoughts; they will not ponder about the faults in their day or what they will do the next day.

You want them to dream a happy dream possibly with you in it.

Because if this is your boyfriend or girlfriend, why not have happy thoughts about someone you love?

The goodnight message feels amazing when it is sent from someone you are in a relationship with.

It makes you all warm and fuzzy inside. The feeling when they call you on the phone and your heart skips a beat in the anticipation of answering to their voice. Got to love this feeling.

The goodnight message just feels so sincere when it is coming from your parent.

Because you know they love you; they will always love you no matter what.

The goodnight message makes you want to cuddle up in bed when you hear it.

When someone sends you a goodnight message, it means they are reaching out to you. It shows you that someone, out in this big world cares.

The goodnight message implies that you already talked to this person previously and you want them to sleep well.

Most of the time, when are are communicating through text or over the phone, we don't usually just send a message saying goodnight to someone randomly off our Facebook friend's list. Usually it is someone of significance that we have had a conversation with previously during the day.

So reach out to the one's you love, who adore you and wish them a goodnight.

Send a nice text.

Leave a cute note at their door.

Make a cute phone call.

Just do anything to show your appreciation for them.