Why You Should Read 'Ava's Demon'

Why You Should Read 'Ava's Demon'

From the amazing artwork, to the incredible story, here's why you should read Ava's Demon
27

If you're looking for something new to read, I'm here to recommend one of my favorite webcomics called "Ava's Demon." This webcomic was created by Michelle Czajkowski in 2012, but has been in the works long before it launched on the internet! According to the author's bio, the ending has been planned since day one, but the comic itself is ongoing until it's all drawn. Michelle draws almost all day, every day to put their comic out on the internet.

The plot of "Ava's Demon" follows a young girl named Ava in a sci-fi universe. The comic starts off with Ava being harassed by what appears to be "inner demons," before her home planet is suddenly attacked. For what happens from there, (hint: it's incredibly epic) I'll leave it to you to read and find out!

If the plot doesn't interest you right off the bat, I encourage you to give it a try anyway. It really picks up the pace as the story moves along, and before you know it, you'll be caught up to speed with the current updates! There are so many interesting characters and twists, it's worth it.

The art itself is a fantastic selling point for the webcomic. From panel one, each panel is polished and beautiful. The colors are extremely pleasing to look at. I find myself amazed that Michelle has put so much work into creating each panel to be a masterpiece. In the author bio, Michelle notes that their goal is to have "Ava's Demon" read as a color script for a movie. It's an interesting and uncommon way to tell a story, but fits so well with the way "Ava's Demon" is read.

"Ava's Demon" currently updates once a week on Thursdays with ten panels per update. I highly recommend getting caught up and following the weekly updates!