Why Books Are A Superior Form Of Entertainment

You should put down your technology and pick up a book!

2193
Library- Westminster Presbyterian Church

Books are superior to almost any form of entertainment in our current society. They have been around longer than most other forms of entertainment and managed to withstand the test of time. Although people have tried to sway society into electronic editions of books, the print editions have remained more popular.

Books have no battery life; they will never die during a long summer day at the beach. Sand and water will not scratch them or make them inoperable. Even if a book gets wet, the words on the page remain and can easily be read when it dries.

Books will never go obsolete. You never have to worry about them making the latest model causing yours to no longer work. Books you buy will most likely outlast you and can be passed down. The classics will never change and the messages shared by the authors will always remain in all of their glory, untouched by time.

The best part about books is that they can be considered a free source of entertainment. No need to buy apps, new technology or pay a monthly fee. You simply need a library card and you have a plethora of free books at you finger tips. These books are free to borrow and when you return them you can get new ones you haven't read yet! All free of charge (as long as you return them on time).

So, this summer put down your phone, turn off your TV and instead expand your mind. Books can help you improve your vocabulary, make you more cultured and help you tap into your imagination! All things technology is most likely hindering!