Why You Should Pre-Order "The Hamilton Mixtape" Immediately

"The Hamilton Mixtape" is available for pre-order, and it is pure genius.

Atlantic Records

On November 3, 2016 Lin-Manuel Miranda turned the world upside down once again when it was announced that pre-orders for the eagerly awaited The Hamilton Mixtape would begin the following day. Not only was the pre-order date announced, but we also received a track list, and just as we all expected, Lin-Manuel Miranda did not disappoint.

Jimmy Fallon singing "You'll Be Back" is going to be legendary, and we all know it.

However, we didn't just get a track list when we pre-ordered. Once you pre-order the album, you will get an automatic download of "My Shot (Rise Up Remix)" and Kelly Clarkson's rendition of "It's Quiet Uptown," and, once again, we are not left disappointed.

In "My Shot (Rise Up Remix)," we are introduced to an all too familiar sounding instrumental. However, it soon becomes a fun new rendition of one of the most famous songs from Hamilton. Before Hamilton, I never listened to much hip-hop/rap, so the remix of "My Shot" was definitely a new genre for me to get used to, but it was not long until I got into it and started loving it. "My Shot (Rise Up Remix)" is definitely a more conventional hip-hop song, but it still keeps the spirit of the original "My Shot" that all Hamilton fans know and love. I thoroughly enjoy this song, and I am excited of the possible new fans it could attract to Hamilton. Since it is not as theatrically based as "My Shot," fans of traditional hip-hop and rap will also enjoy the tune and may even be brought to see what all the hype of Hamilton is all about.

Kelly Clarkson's "It's Quiet Uptown" is just as gut-wrenching as the original. Once again, the song is performed in a less theatrical way, but the emotion behind the lyrics is still obviously present. Kelly Clarkson puts a new spin on such a key song in Hamilton, and it is absolutely brilliant. If you're needing a good cry, this song is definitely for you. However, don't take just my word for it. Kelly Clarkson's "It's Quiet Uptown" even made Lin-Manuel Miranda's sister cry when she listened to it!

I cannot wait until the rest of The Hamilton Mixtape is released. The first taste we have been given has only made me more restless to listen to the remaining songs on the album. This mixtape is proof that just when we think Lin-Manuel Miranda is done proving his geniusness to the world he always has something hidden up his sleeve, but I'm not complaining. Keep it coming, Lin!