Why You Should Study Abroad

Why You Should Study Abroad

Studying abroad is an amazing experience to get out of your comfort zone and grow as a person.

89
Why You Should Study Abroad
Photo by Jeanine Goodall

Many people decide to take advantage of the opportunity to study abroad.

People choose to study abroad for a variety of reasons including enhancing a resume, learning, traveling, and having an incredible experience. I’m here to tell you that if you have the chance, definitely study abroad! It has been by far the best decision I’ve made while in college! Studying abroad is an opportunity of a lifetime!

When studying abroad, you get to visit a country you’ve been dreaming of traveling to while also enhancing your studies. This is such an amazing way to learn! Not only will you be enhancing your academic skills, but you will also be immersed in a new culture.

This will help you become more adaptable and comfortable with unfamiliar people and places. You will figure out new strengths and traits you have and become more independent. This is great for your resume but even better for your soul.

One of the best parts of studying abroad is getting out of your comfort zone. This is an adventure! You will be in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people. You may feel a little uncomfortable at first, but this is so beneficial for you. It’s true when they say that everything you want is outside your comfort zone! You’ll be forced to put yourself out there and meet new people and try new things.

You will engage in so many new experiences. You'll be in a country for a limited amount of time, which will make you want to see and do as much as possible! You’ll have the courage to try new things. During your free time, you'll be able to explore the city you're in and go on adventures. It's important to be open-minded when studying abroad and experience as much as possible!

And, chances are, you’ll be studying abroad alone. In fact, I highly recommend this. This will force you to get out of your comfort zone and make new friends. You'll likely meet people from all over the United States who are also studying abroad. Also, if you stay in hostels like I did, you'll meet travelers from all over the world.

Meeting people from different places, with different backgrounds, and different experiences is one of the coolest parts of studying abroad. I met people who had traveled all over the world and listening to their stories was so inspiring. This is what made me so eager to continue traveling! I made so many incredible friends during my time abroad.

It’s amazing how quickly you get close to people when everyone is in an unfamiliar place and eager to make their study abroad the best experience possible. Friendships are quickly formed and long lasting!

During your time abroad, you will grow so much as a person from all of the new experiences you will encounter. You will constantly feel inspired. You'll also realize a lot about yourself. You may find a new passion, figure out what you want career-wise, have the courage to do something you've been wanting to do for a while, or even find yourself. You will also gain a new perspective on the world and start to have a different view on things. Studying abroad will also help you become a more open person.

Overall, studying abroad is an amazing experience. It will benefit you in so many different ways and it’s such a great way to learn and be able to travel. You will come back with the most amazing memories! Study abroad is an incredible opportunity that you don’t want to miss out on! You’ll also probably catch the travel bug and be eager to continue your travel journeys. Don’t limit yourself and go abroad! Traveling makes you a better person.