Why You Should Clean Out Your Closet This Summer

It needs to be done.

24
pexels.com

It seems as if all I am doing in my summer free time is shopping. Every other day just about, I find myself at the mall, sorting through my coupons and gift cards, spending my hard earned money from multiple jobs on new clothes. The result is an almost entirely new wardrobe, which, for spacing purposes, required cleaning out the old one. I am glad for it, though, and I would highly recommend you spending some time considering cleaning out your closet this summer for the following reasons:

An Excuse to Shop

Honestly, need I say more? Shopping is a great activity for socializing, networking, and even productivity. If you decide to get rid of your old clothes, you kind of have to replace them... Is my logic impeccable or what?

Stop Fighting

Make the resolution to just let that old t-shirt from your middle school glory days go already. You don't remember half the people whose names are on the cast shirt for that play you ushered that one time, either. Some clothes have lived their life. Accept it and move on.

Raid Your Family

You know that cute shirt you always wanted from your mom? Or those super old shoes your sister never wears anymore that would be just perfect for your new dress? Now is your chance! You cleaning out your closet just might be the push they need to do the same. No one wants to be the only one without new clothes. And if you offer to help, who knows? You might just get first pick of their giveaway pile.

All New You

This is one of the built in ways to life that allow you to recreate yourself and your style, if you want to. Be bold! Get rid of things you have been hanging onto, and find some new comfort clothes that still achieve your new look. Have fun with it, and force yourself to try things you never would have before... at least in the dressing room.

Free Affirmation

We all have doubts sometimes about our inner and outward beauty. That's normal, and it's okay. There are traits to each one of us that are unique throughout the history of the world, and we are each incredibly and wonderfully made to reflect those things. One thing that helps me to remember that is verbal affirmation. I have been blessed with great people in my life that do this on a regular basis, and it is incredibly encouraging, especially when I have made an effort to look good that day. It's kind of like a pat on the back saying, "Hey, you did good. I always think you are beautiful, but I recognize your additional effort and think it paid off." So, when you clean out your closet to get new clothes that fit well and look nice, not only will you feel good about yourself to begin with, but that feeling will probably be affirmed by those around you.