7 Reasons To Watch Carmilla Right Now

7 Reasons To Watch Carmilla Right Now

Why the Carmilla Web Series Should Be Your Next Binge

70
7 Reasons To Watch Carmilla Right Now
Shaftesbury.ca

If you are looking for another show to binge watch, then I suggest Carmilla. It is a Canadian web series on YouTube that just released Act 1 of their third and final season. Why should you watch Carmilla?

1. The writing:

The writing of this show is so smart and witty, with nods to pop culture and all things nerdy. It does comedy, drama, suspense, and romance all at the same time. If you liked shows such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Veronica Mars, then this show is for you. The show overall can be described as cute with plenty drama and suspense to keep it spicy.

2. Strong female characters:

This show has a mostly female cast. The characters never seem like plastic archetypes, but real people who are in a not so normal situation. Their motivations might not always be right, but are understandable making for very fleshed out characters. This is not an easy feat with the limitations of filming and timing, and having to move the story along but it is done beautifully.

3. LGBTQIA representation:

If you are looking for a show with LGBTQIA characters, a majority of the Carmilla characters classifies as some part of the rainbow. The best part is that they don’t make a big deal about it, they just are the way themselves and it doesn’t define them as a whole. They are people who just happen to be bisexual or transgender or queer.

4. Supernatural things:

Carmilla is loosely based on the vampire novella Carmilla by Sheridan Le Fanu, which predates Bram Stoker’s Dracula. The web series has a modern setting and mentions more creepies besides vampires.

5. Ability to binge:

You can find all of the seasons one, two, and soon to be three on YouTube. You can watch and watch the to your heart's content. Act 2 of season 3 will be released September 29th and Act 3 will be released October 13th.

6. The fandom:

The Carmilla fandom is simply the best, from fanart to fanfiction. You can find anything your heart desires to feed your impending obsession with the show. The fandom is a very friendly community in which you can find friends that will support your addiction.

7. The acting:

The actors fit and play their roles so perfectly you will find it hard to distinguish between the characters and the people that play them. When you find out the actors, in fact, are not exactly like their character you will appreciate their acting prowess that much more. (However, you will hope there is someone out there like these characters because you will fall in love with them. I hope you have a high tolerance for cute and extremely attractive.

These are just seven reasons to watch Carmilla, I am sure there are more. Check it out and then we can fangirl/fanboy about it together.