Move On From Your Mistakes

Move On From Your Mistakes

We cannot rewrite the past, but we can write our futures.

1
Move On From Your Mistakes
Awakening Guide

I have made many mistakes. I am not a perfect person. I am not even remotely close to perfect. Sometimes my judgement is poor. I have lied to people I care about. I have made friends with the wrong people. I have made choices that I have beaten myself up over to almost no end. I am far from perfect, but I have learned to move on from my mistakes.

It is so hard to come to terms with and accept that we are simply human. We are an imperfect, broken, stressed group of beings who have no other option but to be impure. I have realized this, and I am OK with this.

Moving on from mistakes is hard. We all know it. You cannot simply forget things that have happened. We cannot take back our actions. We cannot take back words we've said or fights we've had. We cannot erase our biggest regrets that have us questioning ourselves in the mirror. So, stop questioning. Start embracing.

It is easier to let things negatively rule our emotions and thoughts than not. It is easy to obsess over imperfections because there are so many. But the faster you let them go, the quicker you will find that inner peace you so desperately want.

I have my own regrets that I constantly thought about. I would ask myself what the heck was wrong with me. I would question who I was and who I was becoming. I felt as though I did not recognize myself. I felt like I was a stranger in my own body. My mind was not my own. But it was.

I was the person behind my own mistakes. I was the person who hurt people I cared about. I was the person who let myself down. I was the one to blame.

So I blamed.

And to be honest I cried. I cried until my tears were dry and all that was left was the memory.

And when I realized that the memory was only that, I began to heal. I accepted my mistake. I acknowledged that I was wrong. I apologized like hell. I became someone who I was proud to be again. I let go of something that brought me such anger and sadness and disappointment because I was tired of feeling that way.

I accepted myself for being imperfect. I accepted myself for making the wrong decisions. I accepted myself for being a little bit broken. And I love myself for seeing my imperfections; I can see myself clearly in the mirror now.