You Can Be In Love Without Being Ready For A Relationship

Timing is everything.

294

Timing is truly everything. It’s a cliche saying, but I’ve found that this is one of the most relevant statements when it comes to relationships. People can come into our lives and be seemingly perfect for us, but if we are not in that place where we are ready for a real and stable relationship, then it might not be what is best for you.

That’s okay.

Maybe you have been too hurt in the past. Maybe you have some trust issues from past relationships. Maybe you have had too much going on internally and you are not fully okay with yourself and who you are as a person. Rushing into dating someone is not going to help either of those things.

I am a firm believer that you have to be happy with yourself and who you are before you can be happy with somebody else. It’s not fair to you, and it's also not fair to the person who you care about.

No one deserves to be with someone who is only half there. If you're emotionally unavailable, then it might not be worth it. Self-love and acceptance are so important. I think we all need to look at ourselves internally before jumping into things with someone else.

If you truly care about this person, do you really want to put them through that? It's better to sort out your own issues first before dragging someone along with you, making your issues theirs. If you care about them, you’ll want them to be happy, even if it means not being with you.

You can still love and care about someone and just not want to be in a relationship with them. If you aren’t ready, that’s okay, but you can’t expect that person to wait around for you. Would you want to wait around for them?

Don’t hold someone else back because of how you feel; let them go, and both of you live your own lives. If someone is truly meant to be with you, they’ll always find their way back to you.