Why I Write For The Odyssey

Why I Write For The Odyssey

I am often better spoken in writing than verbal conversation, so I feel comfortable sharing my opinions in my articles

5
Why I Write For The Odyssey

I see Odyssey articles on my Facebook page all the time. At first, I didn't know what The Odyssey was, but once I started seeing familiar writers and relatable topics I wanted to find out more.

I was surprised to find out how easy it was to become a content creator. After sending an online application I received an email from my editor asking when I wanted to start writing and how often.

The Odyssey is a place to express your feelings and opinions on pretty much anything you want and share them on platforms that are seen worldwide. I am often better spoken in writing than verbal conversation, so I feel comfortable sharing my opinions in my articles.

The Odyssey is a community. Writers connect with each other, other students on their campus, and readers from all over. Because we are all going through a lot of the same things, it is nice to know that there are people out there (close or far) that relate to how you are feeling.

The Odyssey is a place to share. It is not only a place to share your opinion on serious topics such as the election, but also a place to share ideas, your favorite activities, advice, and more.

The Odyssey has made me feel more connected with other students on campus while giving me a fun way to feel creative and boost my resume at the same time.

I would recommend to anyone who has the opportunity to write for The Odyssey Online.