Why Work Friends are the Best Friends

Why Work Friends are the Best Friends

Only they can understand the pain of 8 hours in that building.
15

Coworkers can be the best people or the worst people. When you're stuck in a closed space with them for 8+ hours 5 out of 7 days a week, you get to know them better than you probably want to. I am blessed to work with the people that I do and I am blessed to know as much about these people as I do.

I can honestly say that I am closer to these girls than I ever thought that I could possibly be to someone that I work with. The amazing thing about them is that they are always by my side no matter what. Whatever I need, whenever I need it, they're there for me. I can also go to them at any time of the day because I can guarantee that someone in the group in on their phone and can give me advice on whatever I need. Whether it be that I need someone to take my shift because something came up, or if I need advice on what necklace looks better with my outfit that day.

Even though at the moment we're all either away at college, busy with college or busy with jobs, we are all still there for each other and are just as close if not closer than we were this summer. That is the true measure of how good a friend is. The fact that this group of girls can be totally open and honest and can still be just as close when separated by distance as when we were all here together shows just how incredible these people are and how much we all truly love each other.

Work friends are amazing because they are the only ones that truly understand what's going on at work and the reasons that you're stressed. You can go to them and start venting about "that one customer" or "I hate that job!" and they know exactly where you're coming from. I love my friends that aren't from work but they just don't quite get the work aspect of my life. Even though the majority of my work friends are away at college right now, I know they're only a text away if I have to vent to them about the schedule or how crazy college is right now (I love cramming everything into the last few weeks of the semester).

These girls are very special to me and they know that already, but I'm just reiterating that fact, plus they all wanted me to write something about them (Happy Tori?) I love them with all of my heart and I especially love the special bond that we have and spending time with these amazing girls. I'll see you all soon over break, love you lots!