Reasons To Dislike The OC

Reasons To Dislike The OC

I am currently in a relationship with my Louis Vuitton purse that my daddy bought for me when I finally realized the value of a dollar.

235
Reasons To Dislike The OC
Blinkdev.com

Don't get me wrong, Orange County is nothing but gorgeous. I could sit here all day and talk about how beautiful it is, from the drives on PCH to the endless beaches to the breathtaking sunsets. Many would argue that living in the OC is the best of the best. The large beautiful homes, the delectable food, and of course, South Coast Plaza and Fashion Island (every women's weakness) makes Orange County sound like a paradise to live in. Most people reside there because of there ever so perfect weather, as summers are never too hot while winters are never too cold. But is it really worth it?

After living there for 18 years and going off to college in a town so different from the OC, you start to see it as something completely different, to the point where going back seems completely unappealing. And before I explain why, let's get one thing straight: Orange County is a bubble driven by one thing -- money, and a lot of it. For the most part, Orange County is a relatively affluent area. Although the people that were born and raised in Orange County cannot help or control the circumstances that they are born under, it does nothing but shape nearly 80 percent of the counties population into rude snobs with fake boobs, fake bleach blonde hair, and fake personalities. And don't be fooled, some of the Audi's and BMW's are actually being leased or paid off through monthly payments, because some the people there that don't have the means to pay for those assets, feel that owning a luxury brand named car is so important to them, that they jeopardize their own salary by spending it on a fancy car that they can't afford. Why? because they want to fit in, they want to be like everybody else.

Now I'm also not sitting here and criticizing the affluent community, because if you can afford the fancy cars and the nice purses, then go for it, but does it have to shape your personality? Does it really make you feel that much more inferior than everyone else? Does it have to shape you into a rude snob who doesn't care about anything but themselves?

One of the more entertaining yet unappealing aspects of Orange County is the women, the housewives. And trust me when I say that we know an OC housewife when we see one. Ladies, I think it's wonderful that your husband makes six-seven figures a year, but don't you have any desire to work? Make your own money? Become somewhat financially independent? Probably not because you're too busy blowing money on plastic surgery and juicy couture sets that make your feel like a teenager again.

I had attended a public school my entire life until high school. Attending a private Catholic school for four years, I had noticed a trend over the years: never have I seen so many depressed people. Hearing about suicide attempts and having friends come up to you and show you what they did to their arm the night before is very unfortunate, and it's because these children are raised in an environment where they think they are happy because they have a lot of money, and their happiness depends on the things they own and the want to fit in. I'll end with this: there was a young man living in Orange County that was suicidal because his dad wouldn't buy him the BMW that he wanted. If that doesn't explain how corrupt the people are in Orange County, then I don't know what does.

The traffic: does it really make living there worth it? Is it really worth it to sit in traffic for an hour or more every single day on your way home from work? Does it really make sense to sit in hour long traffic at 10-11 o'clock at night as well? Do you really want to live in a place that's so crowded, to the point where you can barely ever find parking or a good spot at the beach? To those who are actually up to that, patience is a virtue, so I suggest you start getting some because the toll roads that you pay for will only do so much. And yes, you have to pay to drive on certain roads, park in certain areas, and some places, you even have to pay to go to the bathroom.

The price of homes in Orange County compared to the rest of the country is ridiculous and a complete rip-off. Does it make any sense to drop 2 million dollars on a home that's 20 minutes away from the beach, when you can live in a place like Texas for example, and only pay $400,000 for an even larger home that's a block away from the beach? Yeah, I didn't think so. California has the highest tax rate in the country along with highest gas prices. So have fun paying nearly double the price of your house, when others are living it up in homes actually bigger than yours (and yes, there are homes that are bigger than the ones you live in) in other parts of the country and paying barely anything.