Why I Want To Join A Sorority This Fall

Why I Want To Join A Sorority This Fall

Joining a sisterhood will be the best decision I make this school year.

10
Why I Want To Join A Sorority This Fall
College Hill Custom Threads

I grew up with two older sisters and an older brother, but since I am the youngest, I was left home with no siblings at a young age. Many people have stereotypes about the sorority life that makes them hesitant to want to rush one. Joining a sisterhood at my university would mean I have a million sisters at the tip of my fingers because there are many chapters around the country. Being in a sisterhood at school would mean I have thirty plus sisters living on the same campus as me and knowing I can talk to them about whatever is what I will love the most.

A lot of people ask me why I want to rush a sorority because it's like buying to have friends but that is not the way I see it, and I'm sorry if you do see it that way. Sororities are built on other things besides just having an amazing sisterhood. They are built on philanthropy, community, and traditions. Being built on these elements is what brings groups of girls together into a sisterhood for life. Raising money for charities and doing philanthropy work has been one of my many passions since I was in high school and joining a sorority would help me continue to do that even more throughout my college career. I would have infinite opportunities to raise money for causes in the community and around the world, and I will be able to help out the community if I join a sorority. I want to finally be a part of the Greek community. They all get together and give back to other communities, they get to know each other and most importantly, they support each other and our university. That sounds like a fantastic time to me.

Just like universities and colleges all around the world, sororities also have traditions. These traditions date back years and years. The motto never changes, the colors never change, and the foundation on which they stand does not alter either. Sororities live on traditions and traditions are something that I am looking forward to being a part of. I have always been about celebrating traditions and sticking to them every time they come around. When you join a sorority, you don't just join a group of girls. You find a home, your new home away from home. Your sisters will love you no matter what, you want to get food at 2 a.m.? Call a sister. They are there for you whenever you need someone to talk to. And most of all, they are going to be there through the rough patches in your life. With them by your side, you will never be alone because they will never leave you alone, and it is the best feeling ever. Because we all care for each other. Because we are sisters.

Hopefully, you can now understand why I want to be a part of an amazing sisterhood. Friends and longtime sisters are just a plus to the reasons of why I want to be a part of something so amazing. I can't wait to go through recruitment in September because I am so excited.

Good luck to everyone who goes out for recruitment. I hope you find your home, just like I hope I do as well.