Why Tyga and Kylie's "Relationship" Brings Light To a Bigger Problem

Why does America seem to excuse predatory behavior from grown men?

41

Like most Americans that are frequently exposed to pop culture, I often become a victim of Kardashian overflow. They have made a living off of making sure they are on the front page of every magazine and tabloid and that their names never stay out of the mouths of entertainment journalists. And, I have to say, that they do a ridiculously good job at it.

There are many different Kardashian headlines that are circulating around at this time, such as the birth of Kim's second child, Saint West, and the on again off again relationship of Khloe and her estranged "husband" Lamar Odom. But, the most publicized scandal of recent years has to be Kylie Jenner and her relationship with rapper Tyga.

There was a lot of speculation that the two were dating ever since Kylie was 16, but there wasn't really any concrete evidence. The relationship was often shut down by both parties. He had just broken off his engagement with his baby's mother Blac Chyna, and it was often hypothesized that Kylie (a child, at the time) was the reason that the two had gone their separate ways.

...Until Kylie turned 18 and the flood gates burst open. They made sure the whole world knew that they were together. He made appearances on her family's reality show "Keeping Up the Kardashians" and she was even his video girl for his song "Stimulated."

...That's when any type of speculation that something was a little off with Tyga overflowed. A little peak into the lyrics of this song show a blatant sexual interest in an young girl. "They say she young; I should have waited; She a big girl dog when she stimulated."

Now, that's disgusting.

Personally, I don't understand how a relationship like this can be just swept under the rug and Tyga can be let off the hook and from these lyrics, it seems like Tyga just believes his behavior is normal. He knows that there he isn't going to get any type of reprecussions from it, so why not share the details and air the dirty laundry in his rap lyrics?

He's a 26 year old dating an 18 year old. What is more important that the age gap is the realization they have been connected in the media ever since Kylie was 16. Obviously, there's some type of moral disconnect here but apparently, the world doesn't seem to think so.

Recently, Tyga has been accused of pursuing 14 year old model Molly O'Mally and sending her unwanted text messages. The text messages have been released showing holes in O'Mally's story where she had lied about her age (She said she was 17 not 14) and that Tyga had only asked her about her music.

The media can often become the culprit of taking an intriguing story lead and running with it despite whether the story is true or not. However, this story in particular has brought up a well needed discussion about how a girl's appearance can influence the way people perceive her.

This story has been spreading across social media, leading to discussions over whether Tyga was in the wrong. What's often brought up is her appearance, leading to these types of responses:

Just because these girls, Kylie and Molly, look older than they are doesn't mean that they should be treated as such just for existing. These children need protection from the predators that lurk and prey on them in real life and online.

These predatory behaviors that people like Tyga exhibit need to be outed. We need to show the public that this type of behavior is NOT okay. If we don't, it'll never be corrected and the vicious cycle of grown men preying on teenage girls will keep running in America's blind spot.