Why Traveling The World Has Changed My Life

For the better, I have grown.

10
Jayden Taylor Cartelli

As a young child, I was incredibly blessed with parents who wanted me to have beautiful life experiences, and thankfully, I got the opportunity to travel to countries that I never would have ever expected to go. As snobbish as that sounds, I am sincerely humbled by the opportunities I have had around the world, and I cannot stress how important travel is in the eyes of a child.

Growing up with a traveling family, I thought the constant ability to pick up and go somewhere beautiful in the world was easy and almost a normality to every family. However, soon learning that my traveling habits were not a commonality among my peers, I took each trip with open eyes and an open heart. I have found myself sharing meals with family friends in Jamaica, who have taught me about living life to the fullest, giving all you have even when you have nothing, and truly being true to yourself in your work. I have seen the depths of poverty I did not know existed in real life, humbling me in ways I cannot explain at the mere age of twelve years old.

I have gained knowledge and experience from guides taking me all along the tube in London, seen endless vineyard lifestyles in Italy, and heard the language of love spoken between lovers in France. I have gotten the incredible opportunity to see the world through so many different lenses, have experienced cultures first hand, and, more importantly, I have learned. I have gotten to learn through experiences and adventures rather than through photographs or stories.

Though traveling is pricey, the worldliness one gains from first hand experiences in new countries can literally alter someone's life. Out of all of the experiences I have gained over my years, traveling has truly molded me into the woman I am (and continue to grow to be).

So, to those of you out there who are striving to travel the world one day - find a way to travel, and do it with your whole heart. Try new things, eat gross looking food, talk to anyone and everyone you can. The truest advice I have ever been given and advice I will continue to give for the rest of my days is live life every day like it is your last, enjoy your experiences the absolute most you can, and write about every adventure so when you are old and grey one day, and your memories do not suffice, read them back again.

A special little thank you to my parents, who have worked so hard to give their children experiences that will mold them into cultured, worldly people. It is beyond appreciated, and has changed our lives for the better.

Thank you to the friends of which I have traveled the world with. I cannot wait for our next adventure to begin.

Bon voyage.